Italy – Popular Tourist Attractions and Hotels in Italy
Italy is a popular travel destination with many historic monuments and cities, beautiful scenery, and fabulous food and wine. Here are suggestions for where to go in Italy including Italy's top travel destinations, specialty travel vacations and popular hotels.
Popular Tourist Attractions in Italy:-
· The Vatican City:- The Vatican city is located within the city of Rome, over a hill west of River Tiber , whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city. The major attractions of Vatican City are St.Peter’s Basilica, St.Peter’s Square, Vatican Gardens, Vatican Palace and Vatican Museum.
· The Colosseum in Rome:- The roman coliseum is one of the greatest works of Roman architecture and Roman engineering. It is one of the popular tourist attractions in Italy. This greatest land mark was built in 1st Century AD and could seat 50000 spectators. It was a place for gladiatorial combats, spectacles with wild beasts and execution of early Christians. The current structure is only 40% of its actual structure; the balance was destroyed in earthquakes.
· The Tower of Pisa:- This is one of the seven wonders in the world. The leaning tower of pisa was designed to be a vertical building but it started to lean during the construction stage itself. The top of the leaning tower can be reached by climbing the 294 steps which rise in the form of a spiral on the inner side of the tower walls. Tourists were not allowed to climb the staircase for some years, but now it is opened again and it is one of the best tourist attractions in Italy.
· The Pantheon:- The pantheon is one of the great spiritual buildings in the world. It was built as a Roman Temple and later on converted to a Catholic Church. It is open from 8.30AM to 7.30 PM Monday to Saturday, Sunday 9.00 AM to 6.30PM. Admission is free.
· Uffizi Gallery:- The Uffizi Gallery is one of the famous and oldest art gallery in the World. It houses the master pieces of exceptional value, because of that; it cannot be compared to any other art collections of world . Few among the those famous collections are the following: ‘The Birth of Venus and Primavera’ by Sandro Botticelli, ‘ The Annunciation’ and ‘Adoration of Magi’ by Leonardo da Vinci, ‘Doni Tondo’ by Michelangelo etc.
· The other major attractions are ‘Fontana di Trevi’ and ‘Spanish Steps’
Popular Hotels in Italy:-
The following are few among the major hotels in Italy.
a) Grand Hotel Palatino
b) Romanico Palace
c) Starhotels Michelangelo Rome
d) Mecenate Palace Hotel
e) H10 Roma Citta
f) St.Regis Grand Hotel Rome
g) Westin Excelsior Rome
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
To book discounted hotels online, click here http://www.selectyourhotel.com.