So you think a trip to Walt Disney World is one only the kids can enjoy. Well, think again! Here are a few tips for making your vacation to Mickey Mouse Land a ... one for the whole family. •Hir
So you think a trip to Walt Disney World is one only the kids can enjoy. Well, think again! Here are a few tips for making your vacation to Mickey Mouse Land a memorable one for the whole family.
•Hire a babysitter for an evening alone. - If you’re a registered guest of a Disney resort, drop off the kids at one of their child care centers for around $10 per hour, per child. They’ll be given dinner along with classic Disney movies, arts and crafts, and video games. If your child is under 4 or not potty trained, call Kid’s Nite Out at 407-827-5444 for in-room childcare.
• Plan a date at one of Disney’s world-class restaurants. - For the height of romance, head to Victoria and Albert’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort. In its intimate, dimly lit dining room you’re served a sumptuous 7-course meal on white linen set with Royal Doulton china and sparking crystal. Or try the California Grill on the 15th floor of Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Here you’ll find an unbeatable panorama of the Magic Kingdom and the Seven Seas Lagoon along with picture-perfect views of the Wishes Fireworks. From pristinely fresh sushi to exceptional New American Cuisine to sensational desserts and an outstanding California wine list, this place has it all.
• Consider springing for two rooms. - Disney guarantees connecting rooms for families with children, thereby guaranteeing Mom and Dad some alone time. After the kids are in bed, order in a romantic meal in the privacy of your room.
• Enjoy a bottle of wine in your room or on your balcony. - It’s a perfect way to enjoy Disney’s wonderful ambience. The bottled wine selections at the Disney resort shops are a bit sparse, but room service usually offers a nice selection.
• Arrange for a couples massage in a candle-lit room at the Grand Floridian Spa. - Or choose the 3-hour Couples Instructional Massage with step-by-step instruction in massage therapy.
• Watch the evening fireworks spectacular from a Magic Kingdom resort. - You’ll find the most romantic spot at Disney’s Polynesian Resort where the two of you can relax in a swing or hammock on a sandy white beach. • Take a Fireworks Cruise from one of the Magic Kingdom or Epcot resorts. - Bring along a bottle of champagne, 2 glasses, and enjoy!
• Party down at Disney’s Pleasure Island. - It’s New Years every night of the week at this 6-acre playground for adults. Wall-to-wall clubs and a nightly street bash with live entertainment and midnight fireworks make this the party-lover’s choice for nighttime entertainment.
• Spend an evening at Disney’s Boardwalk. - Rent a surrey for a spin around Crescent Lake followed by dancing at Atlantic Dance and the Illuminations show from the upstairs balcony.
Cara Goldsbury is the author of The Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World: How to Get the Most Out of the Best Disney Has to Offer available at 800-247-6553, www.luxurydisneyguide.com, Amazon.com, or your local bookstore. Visit her at www.luxurydisneyguide.com mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Cara Goldsbury is the author of "The Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World: How to Get the Most Out of the Best Disney Has to Offer". A former travel agent and agency owner, she has traveled extensively throughout the world.