Spend A Fun-filled And Relaxing Holiday in Singapore
Singapore has it all-with arts and entertainment, nightlife, nature and wildlife, culture and more-Singapore is the city that never sleeps.
Singapore is all about fun and action while at the same time it can be about relaxation and wellness too- Singapore is what you make of it. There is so much to do in Singapore that it easy to get overwhelmed by the plethora that is Singapore. So without much ado, here is our guide to all this fun and relaxing on your holiday in Singapore.
1. Singapore Botanical Gardens: The botanical garden opens in the wee hours of the morning, so a great way to start your day would be to head to the Singapore Botanic Gardens. It is a must-see place in Singapore and provides all the calm and quiet you need before you start a day amidst all the bustle and busyness of Singapore. You will find a quiet lot of other Singaporeans jogging, doing tai-chi and walking their dogs on a good morning. At the gardens you can take a walk around those virgin rainforests and take a look at 1000 orchid species and hybrids.
2. Sentosa: This should have been the first place to visit, actually. But nevertheless, Sentosa is THE island to go to if you are in Singapore. This lovely little island is off the coast and is oft visited by tourists.
3. Singapore Zoo: Head to this world class zoo, especially if you are a trip with your children. There are animals that are specific to this side of the world, like the Chinese panda and orangutans and white tigers. A night safari will win you the title of best parent in the world, trust us.
4. Chinatown: You will HAVE to get to Chinatown if you are in Singapore. The ethnic town is a wonderful representation of all things quaint and Chinese. Herbs, jade, mahjong-you get it all here.
5. Little India: That’s right, Singapore has one of the most charming little India here. It is a great and close representation of all things Indian. Head here if you are looking for a total cultural shift and some traditional Indian cuisine and shopping.
6. Boat Quay: This is a great place to get to on a Friday night. With pubing, clubbing and partying to choose from Boat Quay is THE place to be on weekends if you plan a trip.
7. Ritz-Carlton: That right, a hotel. While this may seem strange, the art work at Ritz-Carlton s something to behold. There is a massive three ton Frank Stella installation here and the pair of Fale Chihuly crystal glass sculptures that will take your breath away. There are many specially commissioned pieces here too.
8. The Funan Digitalife Mall and Sim Lim Square are absolute must-visits if you are looking to buy electronic gadgets.
9. Orchard Road: if you want a shopping experience of your life then you will absolutely love orchid roads string of malls.
10. Merlion Park is one of the jewels and the first designed emblems of Singapore Tourism Board. The golden lion head with fish body on a crest of waves is a thing to behold, so head there to take pictures and feel like you have arrived, if you don’t already feel it, that is.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR