Things To Know Before You Bring Your Pet To Malaysia
Bringing your pet to Malaysia is easier if you are an applicant of the MM2H program. Just follow some steps to get the import permit for your pet in the new country.
The Government of Malaysia started promoting Malaysia My Second Home Programme, known as MM2H, to increase the numbers of foreigners in the country. Once they fulfill the criteria, they are allowed to stay in Malaysia for as long as they wish as MM2H is a multiple-entry social visit pass.
Regardless of your race, caste, religion, gender or age, you can apply for this visa provided that the country you are living in, is recognized by Malaysian Government. The MM2H applicants can bring their spouses, children (unmarried) below the age of 21 as the dependent family members. Even you can carry your pets to this new country, only if you can abide by these following procedures.
Before jumping the section of rules and regulations, here is a small reminder for the exotic pet owners.
If you are having any kind of exotic pets belonging to any wildlife origin, it might become a subject to the wildlife conservation.
1. First, you need to complete the Application Form A for import permit application and don't forget to attach the recent vaccination records for the pet dogs and cats.
2. As an import fee, you have to pay RM5.00 for every dog and cat and for each bird, the cost is RM0.10.
3. The application form is to be submitted to the Department of Veterinary Services (DVS) at Ministry of Agriculture and Agro-Based Industry or at the State Veterinary Departments. It will take only one working day to be processed.
5. Some of the dog breeds are highly restricted to be importedin Malaysia. These breeds include Dogo Argentino, Neapolitan Mastiff, Akita, Pit Bull Terrier, American Pit Bull, American Bulldog, Japanese Tosa, and Fila Braziliero.
6. The import permit is valid for 30 days and depending upon your requirements, you can extend it up to 60 days (This is the maximum limit). So, as soon as you receive the import permit, fix up an appointment with DVS for the quarantine of some specific animals and birds. This period may continue for a minimum of seven days and might get extended up to 30 days if the animals are anyhow infected.
7. Under quarantine, you have to pay a quarantine fee for all sorts of animals and birds. For the dogs, RM 10.00 are to be paid for every dog on daily basis. Once the quarantine period is over, take your pets away.
8. Before exporting your pet to this new country, the pet owner needs to obtain a veterinary health certificate of the pet from the government veterinarian of the country, s/he belongs to. Within 7 to 10 days of export, the entire process requires to be done.
9. On your arrival in Malaysia, some of the original documents related to your pet are to be submitted to the DVS officer:
Veterinary Health Certificate from your home country.
All documents above must be in English or a certified translated version.
Article Tags: Import Permit
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Roselind Moey is an experienced immigration consultant. Other than offering visa processing services, he helps foreigners avail rental accommodations and other amenities at moderate price to get easy retirement in Malaysia.