Tips on Finding Cheap Fares
Most people look for cheap airplane tickets and discount hotel rooms or cheap vacation packages prior to finalizing their travel plans.
The following are suggestions as to how to successfully find the cheapest available prices:
· Be prepared to buy airline tickets well in advance of your scheduled travel days. Airline ticket prices usually go up 21 days, 14 days, seven days, and three days prior to departure. People looking to travel overseas should purchase their tickets between three to six months in advance.
· Yet another strategy that sometimes works, if you are feeling lucky, is to hold off and purchase you airline tickets late. Sometimes tickets can be purchased very cheaply at the last minute when airlines have been unable to fill their planes. Do not hold off purchasing tickets unless your dates are flexible or if you are not willing to risk paying a stiff premium.
· Be ready to purchase your airline tickets when you see a cheap deal. Airlines are constantly changing their ticket prices and a great deal offered in the morning may well be history by afternoon, or even sooner.
· Most airlines introduce fare sales on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, making them ideal days to purchase tickets.
· By being flexible as to the airport you will depart from and arrive in, you can often find cheaper fares. Being flexible as to the days of the week you fly often further reduces prices. The cheapest days to fly typically are on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays. Many major travel Internet companies, including Cheapfares and Expedia, allow customers to easily search for fares using flexible date options and compare airfares from nearby airports.
· Do not limit your airfare searches to the airline you typically fly on. Save time and make certain you see all available cheap fares by using an online travel company such as Cheapfares or Expedia, which includes all the major airlines in a single search.
· If you have enough frequent flier miles, contact your airline to see if there are any available reward seats on your desired flights. Remember there are a very limited number of free seats on flights so the earlier you try to book them the better your odds are of finding free seats.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
www.cheapfares.com employees enjoy writing and sharing travel news articles that engage them and believe others will find interesting.