Tips on Planning a Truly Relaxing Vacation
Although cheap airplane tickets and discount hotel rooms or cheap vacation packages are a great way to start planning for a vacation, many vacationers return home from a vacation more exhausted than when they left.
Vacations have increasingly become hectic as travelers have tried to fill their trips with cultural immersion, adventure activities, mind expanding experiences, and other activities that often are not conducive with simple relaxation and enjoyment.
The following are tips from Lonely Planet as to how to plan a “do-nothing” vacation:
· Select a destination that is beautiful and special, but has little to offer in the way of activities.
· Leave all devices at home that allow you to access work from the road. Even through laptops make great entertainment devices, they should not be brought on your trip if you can access work from them. Instead bring an eBook reader, and if you absolutely must stay in touch with the office, a smartphone.
· Do not pack fancy clothes. You will not want to go somewhere fancy which requires a lot of fancy prep time and fancy behavior. Any restaurant that will not seat you wearing a simple tee shirt is worth passing on. Also, DO NOT pack those hiking boots. This should be a trip with as little exertion expended as possible.
· Your destination should have as many as possible of the following components/paraphernalia: swimsuit weather, hammocks, body of water, decent food close-by, plenty of imaginative cocktails, a view more impressive than most TV shows, and a large variety of ready material.
· The following are words to be avoided on your relaxing vacation:
What time is it?
Too early to drink
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
www.cheapfares.com employees enjoy writing and sharing travel news articles that engage them and believe others will find interesting.