Top Five Tips to Help You Save on Your Leisure Vacation
It is hard to stay faithful to a budget when you are on vacation. Checking in your luggage, hotel parking, dinners, taxi rides, and overpriced souvenir items - these miscellaneous expenses add up and can eat your pocket money away. Here, then, are the top five tips to help you save more money while on a leisure getaway.
1) Shop around online. Hotel rack rates are bound to differ from website to website or from travel agent to travel agent or even from desk to desk. To take advantage of this, visit multiple sites and sources for quick quotes, discount information, hotels coupon codes, booking specials, and package deals. In the same way, be sure to shop around for the best deals on airline tickets, car rentals, and cruises. You never know how much you'll save if only you conduct an online research beforehand.
2) Book early or book on off-peak dates. Be it for flights or hotel reservations, you must not wait till the last minute to finalize your bookings. This is common sense. After all, the early bird gets the worm - in this case, your worm is the privilege of choosing which options for seats, rooms, and prices are best and most affordable for you. Keep in mind as well that being flexible with your schedule and going off-peak - like booking a midweek stay at a hotel - can potentially generate hundreds of dollars in savings.
3) Keep an open mind. Do you really have to pack that much clothes? With soaring fuel prices, airlines have no choice but to impose extra charges on the baggage of those who can't afford to pack light. Maybe all you need is a carry-on bag. And if you want a vacation that's enjoyed on the cheap, be willing to stay in hotels that are off the beaten path. They may not be of initial interest to you, but if you broaden your options well enough you might find cheaper lodging in a place that's only a few minutes' drive from your intended destination.
4) Avoid renting a car from the airport. Otherwise, you will have to pay the premium for convenience. The better rates and lower surcharges can be found at car rental agencies that are at off-airport locations. Also, rent a car that is most practical for your use. You are only staying temporarily, after all, and besides you would want to save up on gasoline. There is no need to be choosy about what you are driving.
5) Inquire about freebies and special privileges. Airlines usually have special offers for frequent loyal travelers. Your membership in an organization might entitle you to a number of travel discounts. Websites clip travel coupon codes for any of the possible online transactions that you make. Some hotels offer free breakfasts or in-line shuttle service, and maybe you can even stay a third night for free. All these are there for your taking; all you have to do is ask around and exert a little more effort.
Article Tags: Five Tips
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
David Stack is a web developer who loves to use promo codes when shopping online. He also runs a website, which offers the latest discounts and deals from online stores, such as Lenovo coupons.