Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint Articles
Wednesday, February 19, 2020
Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint ArticlesRegisterAll CategoriesTop AuthorsSubmit Article (Article Submission)ContactSubscribe Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint Articles

What to do if you want to go in and out of Australia?

A candidate has the privilege of applying for the resident return visa if he has been formerly or still is a permanent resident or citizen of this country.


If the citizen gets the approval for a resident return visa, then he can reside in the country of Australia with the status of a permanent resident. First we need to understand, why does the need for taking a resident return visa arises?

The need for this visa arises when the permanent resident or citizen of Australia who wants to be outside the country for a brief duration and the leniency of a 5 year period on his visa allowing this has elapsed. If a time period of 5 years has expired, then the holder will have to apply for a resident return visa to stay away from Australia for longer periods. It’s important that while applying for a resident return visa, you also mention your minor and other dependent members of the family in the concerned application because they would require separate RRV’s. The permanent resident visa allows a holder options to stay out of this country for a period of 3 years in a maximum duration of 5 years. To be suitable for grant of an RRV, without fulfilling this condition, a candidate needs to prove stronger connections with Australia.

There are two options which are applicable for getting a resident return visa which are:

  • Visa class 155: Under this visa subclass, the candidate can be allowed a visa which allows recurrent absences for a period of 5 years. Any candidate who wishes to get this visa should actually have applied for this visa 3 months prior to coming to Australia. This visa allows candidates to retain their status as an Australian PR holder when they want to be outside the country for brief terms and the 5 year period on the visa has elapsed.
  • Visa class 157: This visa class allows a candidate to be absent from Australia for a period of 3 months only.

SoHealth Fitness Articles, you can consult an Australia immigration consultancy to get complete information about this visa.

Source: Free Articles from


Nancy Damon is a freelance author and visa consultant on issues like immigrating to Australia

Home Repair
Home Business
Self Help

Page loaded in 0.047 seconds