... is probably not at the top of your list of fun things to do, is it? If your clutter is ... ... ... to get started. Here are someeasy tips to motivate yourself to
Organizing is probably not at the top of your list of fun things to do, is it? If your clutter is overwhelming, it's especially difficult to get started. Here are some easy tips to motivate yourself to organize.
1. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. said, "Take the first step in faith. You don't have to see the whole staircase, just just take the first step." You don't have to organize your whole house today. Just work on one small area-- a drawer or a cabinet.
2. Buy a good organizing book. Once you begin reading it, you'll feel compelled to start organizing.
3. Forget embarrassment. Invite an organized friend to help you. Hire a professional. It's easier to organize when you can talk through the clutter.
4. Set the mood. Put on some fun music. Open the windows. Choose a starting point and just do it.
5. "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence," said Calvin Coolidge. Keep trying. Do a little bit daily or weekly and you'll soon find that you are more organized than you ever thought possible!