Shopping Strategies to Tackle the Top 3 Figure Challenges for Women Over 40
After age 40, shopping may have lost its luster. If you want to recapture the fun of shopping and look great, try these strategies that can save time and also fight a few figure challenges.
Remember the good old days when shopping used to be fun? It would start with enthusiasm and end with excitement about all of those great purchases. But, after age 40, as our schedules have expanded (and often our bodies too), shopping has lost its luster. If you want to recapture that shopping after-glow and look great, try these strategies that can save time and also fight a few figure challenges.
Lost Muscle Tone (Jiggly Arms)
· Steer clear of wearing sleeveless or cap sleeve tops alone
· Try a shrug (short sleeve, half-sweater). They look great over sleeveless tops.
· Buy short sleeve tops long enough to cover the largest part of the upper arm
Lost Skin Elasticity (Crinkly Cleavage)
· Avoid tops that reveal too much cleavage
· Try on all tops to ensure they are not cut too low. They should end just above the top crease of your cleavage; if the crease shows - too low.
· Bare your shoulders instead of cleavage. Shoulder skin remains toned long after other areas have given way to aging. By showing your shoulders, you can still feel pretty, sexy and feminine.
Thick Waistline (Muffin Top)
· Choose tops that skim your torso rather than cling to it
· Avoid stretchy fabrics that accentuate your middle
· Choose smooth fabrics; avoid bulky or chunky fabrics that add weight
· Embrace solid dark colors that slim your torso
· Look for pants with a higher waist; lower cut pants can cause muffin top
Try these tips and you’ll find that your shopping angst and your wardrobe may just improve. Shopping really can be fun again!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Sybil Henry is founder of the website The Style Concierge http://www.thestyleconcierge.com/.