Tips on how to achieve the best spray tan humanly possible for your wedding or prom.
Getting a sunless spray tan for your wedding or prom is a great idea, if you do it right. If you never had a spray tan before, those steps become absolutely crucial, otherwise you might regret that decision.
1. If you've never had a spray tan before, make sure that you have a trial few weeks before the occasion at a spray tan salon. You do not know how your skin will react to the solution. Although chancesof going orange are very remote, how would you feel if it happen on the day of your wedding or prom? Scary!
2. Stay away from the dark spray tan. Get the lightest shade possible. You want the focus to be on you and that special dress. The tan should be invisible, adding just a "glow".
3. If you are wearing white, or very light coloured dress, find a salon where they have very little or no bronzer in the solution. In a lot of people the bronzer will get into the pores and when they sweat, it will stain the dress, sometimes permanently. If you opt for airbrush spray tan, you might have problem getting a spray tan without bronzer, with booth spray tan it is much more common to get bronzer -less solution.
4. Take extra care in your preparation before the spray tan. Exfoliate very well with the proper products, and apply barrier cream all over your hands and feet before spray tanning.
5. Buy a touch up solution and a tan extender and learn how to use them to repair and prolong your spray tan way ahead of the occasion. Believe me, on the days immediately before your wedding, and straight after, you will have other things on your mind rather then learning new skills.
6.Make sure that you have your spray tan done in the same salon, by the same technician (if you are having it airbrushed, and not in a booth) and using the same solution as duringyour trial (if you liked it, of course).
A spray tan for wedding, prom or any other special occasion is a wonderful idea if you learn how to do it right. It will make your hair shine, eyes sparkle and give you the mostbrilliant smile. The cost and effort is very small compared to the fabulous benefits.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Boshena spent years in a tanning industry, is an expert on spray tanning, and wrote"Best Spray Tan Guide"