Wedding favors have always been a nice, personal gesture ... in your wedding ... ... there aretoo many ... type favors out there, which portray ... lack
Wedding favors have always been a nice, personal gesture to include in your wedding preparations. Unfortunately, there are too many "cookie-cutter" type favors out there, which portray the couple’s lack of interest in providing something unique.
Here is a Wedding Favor Creator for you to use for your upcoming wedding or one that you’re planning for your best friend. You can mix and match to your heart’s content and according to the budget you have.
Small containers to use for candies, chocolates, small floating candles, decorative soaps, etc. (many of them can be purchased at your local dollar store)
- tiny wicker baskets or straw hats - egg cups - candle holders - flat shells (scallops) - small filigree metal boxes - decorated wooden boxes - coffee mugs - wine glasses - small decorative dish - tiny flower pots - little tin watering cans - small jars - ceramic spoon rest
Fillings to add to your favor containers
- heart-shaped candies or chocolates - Hershey’s kisses and hugs - small floating candles - gourmet or flavored coffee - enough for one pot - little decorative soaps - wild flower seed packets or small quantity of seeds with planting instructions, wrapped in colored cellophane - flower bulbs - bath oil beads - bath salts - small bag of mixed spice (cinnamon/nutmeg) and your favorite apple pie recipe - packets of specialty tea - hot chocolate and cinnamon mix - enough for one mug
Sample sayings and poems to write or print onto a small note card along with your names and wedding date (punch a hole in the card and attach a ribbon to tie to your favors)
- Please plant these to celebrate our growing love (for bulbs, seeds) - All things grow with love (for bulbs, seeds) - Our flame of love will always be bright (for candles) - Hugs and Kisses from the new Mr. And Mrs! (for Hershey’s kisses and/or hugs) - Heart-felt wishes from the new Mr. And Mrs. (for anything heart-shaped) - Love lives in happy hearts (anything heart-shaped) - The best gifts are tied with heartstrings (anything heart- shaped) - May there always be spice in your life! (for apple pie recipe and spice; for hot chocolate/cinnamon mix) - We’re suited to a 'T' (for specialty teas) - Nothing can wash away the love we feel! (bath oil, bath salts, soaps) - Thanks for sharing this special day with us - Thank you for sharing in the celebration of our love (or union, etc.) - Thanks for joining us on our wedding day - Thanks for sharing in our special day
Other Unique Ideas
- Personalized coasters made from CD’s (see www.whimsies-online.com/cdcoasters.htm)
- Personalized CD mix of your favorite music - print out a liner for the CD case with your names, wedding date and a nice background or a photo of the happy bride and groom-to-be!
- Fortune cookies with printed fortunes that you create on your computer - or add your names and wedding date (see www.whimsies-online.com/wedding.htm)
- small picture frames that can double as place cards
- Heart-shaped cookie cutters with your favorite sugar cookie recipe
- Homemade bell-shaped or heart-shaped cookies decorated with your names and wedding date in hard icing
Wrap each filled favor in colored netting or tulle to match your wedding colors or line white or glitter netting with colored tissue paper before wrapping your favors.
Wrap the favor bag with ribbon or lace and add your note card (hole-punched). Tie into bow and add a sprig of dried or silk flowers and it’s ready for your special day!
Heather Diodati is the owner of Whimsies! By DDesign featuring Personalized Cartoon Designs for all occasions. See our unique Wedding Cartoon Designs personalized with your names and wedding date! 8" x 10" size with free mat, they make a truly special souvenir for the new Mr. And Mrs! Wedding favor magnets are also offered; something really special for your favor bags! Sign up for our free ezine, On A Whim, for your free time management gifts! www.whimsies- online.com