Press Printing to Create Marketing Materials
If you are not a fan of modern printing options, then what you need is traditional printing which includes press printing. Although a lot of business owners today opt to you digital printing, th...
If you are not a fan of modern printing options, then what you need is traditional printing which includes press printing. Although a lot of business owners today opt to you digital printing, there are still some who trust the long yet proven method of creating high quality materials.
Here are some ideas on press printing:
• It is costly. The setup cost in press printing is essentially high. To do this process, films and plates must be created, which add in to the overall cost of the printing process. Likewise, extra time is needed to set up, align, and wash the press. There are also a lot of overruns in press printing as this does not allow you program the number of pages you desire to print compared to digital printing which allows you to print whatever quantity of print job you want. There are some printing companies that include the overruns in the bill, so in case you have overruns in printing your business cards that would add to the cost of your printing job.
• It is able to produce outstanding color accuracy. The Pantone Matching System, used in press printing allows to produce color accuracy. This system allows you to mix and match precise specifications, where the colors are listed in a color guide. You can consult this guide to see accurately the final color of your output before it is printed. This is just like choosing paint colors for your house. If what you desire is color accuracy, then go for press printing.
• It offers bright colors for your materials. Using the Pantone colors allows you to create colors that are brighter and more forceful. If what you want to achieve are lively colors for your post cards, then you need to choose press printing.
• It often takes longer to complete. Compared to digital printing, press printing takes longer. There are additional steps that need to be done in press printing, which adds to the cost of the printing process. There are films and plates that must be created, the press must be set up, and there are tune ups that are required for drying. Then other processes such as cutting and folding must also be done.
• Different types of paper stocks can be used. You can basically choose from a wide array of paper materials to use in press printing ranging from different colors to types. There are different thicknesses and textures which includes specialty papers, such as metallic papers.
• It offers fine line screens. This enables you to make the color of your materials look smooth and flawless. The resulting output will look more vivid and more intense, allowing your make a stand out material effectively.
• It offers huge finishing options. Finishing options such as embossing, die-cutting, metallic inks, and foil stamping can be done in press printing. The resulting materials look eye-popping and unique, allowing you to stand out in the crowd.
• It offers wide choices in shapes, design, and size. You can use different paper sizes, design, and shape in press printing. This will allow you to come up with the design that best fit your business. You can have whatever way you want, especially in creating special materials that look exceptionally unique and useful.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Michelle Abreu has been writing articles online for about 2 years now in a printing company. You can also check out this website for more information about this article: