Dazed, confused and bemused. This are few terms commonly used by the new player online. And we sure know how they feel, don't we? Let me put it this way, the new player can easily get dazed, confused
Dazed, confused and bemused. This are few terms commonly used by the new player online. And we sure know how they feel, don't we? Let me put it this way, the new player can easily get dazed, confused and bemused by the onslaught of information and opportunities (legitimate or scams) on the Internet. These same groups of people, sad to say are vulnerable to everything new that appears online. Many a times they end up as casualties in the Internet gold rush, without ever really making anything close to what we call real money online.
Just today I read a true story of a person who has been online for 5 years (I repeat 5 years). He had joined everything under the sun. From MLM to Online casinos. And he confesses, that after all these years he has just started on his own website this year to play the big boys game.
This is what he wrote " In all the preceding history it may have become apparent to some of you already that I did not do what some of you did from day one". Man! What can I say!
When you think about it, can you really blame this guy? Don't forget along with the massive amount of opportunities, you can also be distracted by new FREE softwares, new free product downloads etc. Why just recently I got distracted by an Online Jukebox. Without realizing it, half the day was gone. I had to slap myself and get back to work.:D
Like my grandmother (maybe some of yours too) always said, "Anything worthwhile achieving always needs your total attention and focus".
What are the key elements that you as an Online Entrepreneur need to focus on?
1. You should have a daily and monthly marketing regimen. Doing the things that has to be done without being distracted. Other than R&D one of your primary goals online would be to stay FOCUS.
2. How is your e-mail signature? By developing a compelling e-mail signature you are able to brand yourself and your products.
3. Start writing articles in your area of expertise. Make a list of ezine publishers in your target market group to whom you can submit these articles monthly. (With their prior permission of course). Add your resource box below your article, writing a brief description of yourself in the third party. Include your e-mail and website address for future enquires for your services or products.
4. Get started with auto responders to help you follow up and also to keep in touch with your customers and prospects
5. Set aside some time for R&D. Visit Newsgroups, Discussion boards, forums, and your competitor's websites to study how people in your target group do business online
6. If you haven't, you will need to start publishing your own newsletter or ezine as soon as possible. This is one of the best ways to build your own opt-in mailing list. Remember the secret is in your list. Your money is also in this list.
7. Even if takes weeks, sometimes months before you see results from search engines. You need to get your websites listed in all the major search engines and directories.
8. A common and welcomed activity among ezine publishers building their own opt-in list is ad swaps. Believe me this really works if you do it consistently.
9. Get your Salesmen in print in order. If you are not good at writing good sales copies or killer sales letters get professional help. This is an important tool to close sales online. A good killer copy will get your visitors to buy your products or services immediately right from your website. This means faster Return On your Investment.
10. Another on going activity would be for you to get your website, ezine, ebooks in as many of the respective directories as possible.
Mind you, this is only a few of the activities that should help you to stay focused. Remember your consistent effort, multi-tasking and patience are the things that will see you through.
A piece of advice, don't get disappointed if you don't see results immediately. Take it as your learning curve. It is not knowing everything about Internet Marketing that will make you successful but doing what has to be done everyday to build your Online business that can at least guarantee success.
============= Patrick Ravi is an E-Marketing Consultant for the Asia Pacific Rim http://www.global-ibiz.com/webtreasures.htm Get his Free Online course that reveals his success secrets on how to turn your computer into a CyberCash Register, all on a shoe string budget at: http://www.global-ibiz.com/freecourse.htm