Lithium Ion batteries or Li-ion batteries also known as LIB are a particular type or rechargeable batteries. These batteries are mostly used is home electronics, portable devices, electric powered veh...
Lithium Ion batteries or Li-ion batteries also known as LIB are a particular type or rechargeable batteries. These batteries are mostly used is home electronics, portable devices, electric powered vehicles and more.
The composition of Li-ion batteries and how it work:
These rechargeable batteries use lithium ions which move from negative electrode to positive when discharged and in opposite direction when charged. These batteries use intercalated lithium compound as one electrode material making in different from non-chargeable batteries. These batteries have a longer lifespan and can be easily charged through a simple wall power socket. These sorts of batteries have particularly become very famous in military use and electronic vehicles such as an electric scooty because of slow discharge and the ease of maintenance and quick charging features.
How does this battery function?
Most of the best electric scooters in India have adopted this particular battery for their main power source of their scooters. The battery comes with a BMS or a battery management system which helps in recharging the battery when required. The BMS is a small set of modules that help to keep a check on the charging and discharging of the batteries. The BMS charges and balances the whole battery pack to make sure that all the batteries are charged to the same voltage.
Few benefits of the Li-ion battery are:
• Low rate of discharge : This sort of battery does not lose its charge very fast when not in use for a long period of time as compared to the traditional batteries.
• Safety : The Li-ion batteries have fail-safe circuitry that disconnects the battery when it’s over its voltage zone; this prevents combustion or any harm to the user.
• Environmentally friendly: These batteries contain less toxic metals as compared to other batteries which may contain lead and more. The elements in the Li-ion batteries are categorized as non hazardous waste, causing no harm to the environment.
• Weight: The batteries are generally very light in weight making it easy to transport and use in electronic transports. The batteries are easy to store and maintain making it perfect for the use of the vehicle market
• Large life span: Li-ion batteries have larger charge cycles making it have a larger life span once fully charged making it easy to use and also saving on electricity to charge it over and over again.
These batteries have bought a new revolution in the electronic industry. The batteries are easy to store, charge, maintain, low in costs and also environment-friendly. The Li-ion batteries will be seen take a larger market share in terms of electronics in days to come.