Being positioned to attract clients is great, but you still need to take ACTION. Here are 20 free and low cost marketing tactics that you can use to build a relationship with your target market.
Using my simple 14-Step Formula for Getting Clients will place your business in the enviable position of getting clients without wasting time or expense. Rather than shuffling through and trying out complex marketing schemes, this plan will focus on your business and what makes it tick. Once you understand the core of your business, the right marketing techniques become clear. Getting new clients becomes a positive experience for your business.
Starting a new marketing plan without figuring out your niche will cause struggles. Fighting with marketing will make this necessary part of your business burdensome. First, figure out your niche. Then you are set to work on marketing strategy. Take it slow and decide what techniques work the best for your talents.
1. Keep current and future clients informed on your business by sending out a newsletter or ezine.
2. Promote yourself as an expert in your niche. Keep your eye open for opportunities to write articles or guest speak through Internet sites and other media.
3. Discover how to utilize Social Bookmarking to get better rankings on Google for your articles and website.
4. Inform clients and build relationships by hosting a free Teleseminar.
5. Enroll others in the success of your business by starting an affiliate program.
6. Form relationships with other professionals whose talents can help your clients.
7. Write articles on your niche and submit them to article directories online.
8. Write and send out press releases to publicize new products or major news for your company.
9. Use the power of Facebook to social market your business.
10. Write on Twitter about any news or ideas regarding your business or niche.
11. Get involved with Linkedin to interact with people interested in your niche.
12. Start a blog with your thoughts and expertise.
13. Create a website that both sells your business and gives great free information that clients can use.
14. Design a holiday that connects directly to your business and celebrate with clients.
15. Share your expertise with clients and potential clients without charge. People will have gratitude for the help and want to follow up with you in the future. Just make sure to include your information and a call to action on whatever you give away.
16. Don’t be afraid to follow up with happy clients and ask them to refer new clients.
17. Network, network, network. Find networking events online, through groups, and your local chamber of commerce.
18. Pay Per Click is an inexpensive way to advertise. You can even set your own price and your ad will run on sites where those interested in your business visit.
19. Don’t be afraid of the soft sale. In a tough economy clients will appreciate a business open enough to allow them to approach, rather than being approached by a hard “closer.”
20. Volunteer to public speak at events with groups interested in your expertise.
These steps are inexpensive and available for any business. Just because these are simple and won’t break the bank doesn’t mean you should take them lightly. Decide on a number of techniques and then spend time planning on how to make them benefit your business by building connections with clients. Keep it simple and you will attract clients to your business with a powerful marketing message.