How to Pack Your Removals
Perfect packing is important for an easy move. If you have decided to do some or all of your packing at your own, then ensure that you are familiar with the packing techniques. You must remember to use clean and environment friendly packing materials that are designed to protect your items or belongings during the move to your new house.
If you are hiring a house removals company then you need to show confidence on them that you have chosen the best moving company. During your move, you need to be sure that Removal Company will take good care of your house and its contents, with special protective covers specially designed for protection. These packing tips help you out at your moving day, keep these essential points in your mind so you will not face problems while packing and unpacking (removing packed items from the boxes) your items.
1. Arrange those items which are used for packing:
a) Boxes (either buy them from the removal company, a carton supplier or ask the local market for some packaging boxes)
b) Marker Pen
c) Removals Company label
e) Bubble Wrap
g) Tissue Paper
i) Tape Measure
j) Use special “wardrobe” boxes for clothes
2. When packing TV, DVD, PC or laptop, Printer or Scanner and other same kind of equipment pack them into their real boxes (if available). Label all the wires or cables for easy reconnection. If some kind of screw is removed then tape it to the equipment where it belongs.
3. Do not put heavy stuff in the same box. Boxes must weigh less or equal to 25kg.
4. Label all boxes with:
a) Your Last Name
b) Room of the house the items are going to placed
c) “Load the box in last” if you want the box to be removed first
5. Have bubble wrap, old newspaper otherwise tissue paper to wrap sensitive items.
6. Make use of towels and small cushions for further filling inside boxes.
7. For books use small boxes and pack more tightly on their ends.
8. Have curtains and rugs cleaned before packing into boxes.
9. Pack sheets, blankets, tablecloths, pillowcases, towels and same kind of items in a large plastic bag and pack them in a carton that has to be lined with clean paper.
10. Keep footwear in shoeboxes, wrap single shoe individually and then wrap it in pairs. Cushion your footwear items to avoid damage to ornaments or heels. Do not pack heavy weight items on top of the shoes; it may damage your shoes.
11. Store all stuff you will need to use when unpacking in the same box.
12. Carry all valuable items with you.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
It is a painful decision to move your household items from one place to another place. Whenever you are about to move your house find out the reliable or reputed removals firm in your area, although it is a hard task and time taking as well but your first priority must have been reliability. The removals directory leads you to some removal companies and picks the best one out of it.