Installation Of Garage Doors: A Basic Guide
Proper garage doors will make your garage more usable and make it look more beautiful. But you should be careful while choosing the materials to be used and also the design.
- After you've completed attaching weather stripping to the bottom edge of the first panel, set the one in the doorway by way of nailing partway into each jamb at an angle. This is done to wedge the entrance into place. Next, attach the hinges to the top of the entrance. Some doors may already have these attached.
- Assemble the various pieces of track following the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
- Next, install the brackets and rollers on the entrance section, as well as any wall mounted brackets per the instruction sheet. Slip the vertical track at onto the rollers of the first door section at one side of the doorway. Repeat this step on the other side as well.
- Install the second section rollers. Lift the section with the aid of a helper and set it in place. Place the rollers into the vertical tracks at both ends of the doorway.
- Fasten hinges from the first section to that of the second. To expedite the process, a power drill with a screwdriver tip is recommended.
- Apply the same techniques to the other sections, making sure the gate is level. After the third section is complete, fasten the top plates of both tracks to the wall.
- Attach jamb brackets to the tracks and fasten them to the framing members.
- Install the curved and horizontal tracks, bolting the pieces together. You can set the horizontal track on a ladder if needed.
- Once the track as been checked for the proper level, cut the left over track to the length needed to support it. Screw the hanger to a solid framing and connect the hanger and track together. Repeat this process with the horizontal track.
And there you have it; your very own garage gate! Next step: Sit back, and enjoy!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
The garage doors in PA are the best ones that you can get in terms of quality and look. The technicians are properly trained to suggest the types that will suit your home and enhance its appeal. To know more, visit http://pittsburghgaragedoors.com