Tips for an Easy Move
Moving is an intense work, but these smart and useful tips will make it simpler and more convenient. If you have hired moving company then that is much better because they are professionals.
· Most of the house removal companies label your boxes with colored stickers or with different colored markers that corresponds to different rooms.
· Set aside about 7 to 10 extra boxes for moving day.
· Use small boxes, although large boxes can hold more items but they can become too heavy to lift.
· Pack rarely used items ahead of time, this will save your precious time when moving day gets closer.
· Pack things in an order in which you want them to come out. It requires a little extra planning but it will make unpacking easier and save your time.
· Pack related things together. For example, pack your bookends with books and extension cords or electrical cords with home appliances.
· Always pack your boxes solid, even if the majority items are newspaper or packing nuts. This will prevent your stuff from sliding around without adding a lot of extra weight.
· Pack each room individually. It is better to pack room by room so you avoid mixing up items.
· Most of the removal companies do not attach tape directly to polished or painted wood finishes, because removing the tape could ruin the surface so they try double-boxing fragile items for extra protection.
· Take digital photos of sensitive electronic hookups such as home entertainment systems, stereos and computers. Then make use of your photos as a diagram when assembling in your new house.
· Make an “Open First” box containing all the things you will need when you first arrive i.e., flashlights, toiletries, light bulbs, medications and towels.
· Use suitcases to their full potential. Suitcase is one of the items that you need to pack that can also be packed in its self. It gives so much space and saves your cost.
· Pack your vehicle a quarter each time making sure to stack items from the ground to the top or ceiling. This allows you to get the most out of your space.
· Have your children unpack their rooms first so it will keep them busy and out of the way.
· Every family member must have a “survival pack” with, toiletries, extra clothes, and favorite things such as toys, books, music, etc to help with the first night and trip.
· Before you leave, take a look to each room and open all closets and racks to ensure you have got every stuff.
· Keep tools and supplies handy. You’ll need to take things apart when moving out and put them back together when moving in. Keeping supplies nearby makes moving easier and saves time.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
It’s an important decision to move your home from one place to another because it‘s quite difficult to find a reliable and effective removals company. The Removal is an appropriate moving directory which offers you the professional and efficient mover for your home.