2 ways to reset Windows 7 passwords on Dell laptop
For a Dell computer, there are two methods you can try if you forgot windows 7 password, that is, resorting to password reset disk and Windows Password Recovery Tool, which are the most convenient ways.
"HELP! I haven't used my dell desktop in awhile. I forgot the password. I can't log on because this is the only user name. Is there anyway to reset the password? I need to get on the computer. I never set up a hint."
This is a question on Yahoo! Answer. Forgetting Windows 7 password is frequent happened in our daily life. Knowing how to reset forgotten windows 7 password is necessary. Here I am sharing some tips about resetting Dell password for them.
Tip 1: Reset Dell password with password reset disk
A password reset disk is really helpful when you realize you have lost Dell password. Insert the password reset disk to your drive then follow these steps.
1. If you enter the wrong password when you attempt to log on, Windows displays a message that the password is incorrect. Click OK to close the message.
2. Click Reset password, and then insert Windows password reset disk.
3. Follow the steps in the Password Reset Wizard to create a new password.
4. Log on with the new password. If you forget your password again, you can use the same password reset disk. You don't need to make a new one.
Note: this method require you create a password reset disk before you have lost that account password. If you don't have a password reset disk, it won't help much to reset the password.
Tip 2: Reset Dell password with Windows Password Recovery Tool
This is the best and efficient way for you! All you need is a blank CD or USB flash drive.
Then you need to find any other computer which can allows you to download.
1. Download and install Windows Password Buster. Burn the ISO image file to CD or USB flash drive.
2. Insert the newly created disk to your locked Dell laptop. Change your BIOS setup to boot from CD or USB device.
3. When the computer successfully boots from CD ROM, you'll see the program's interface.
4. Select the user name of your target account, and then click Reset button. After resetting, the computer will restart to its logon screen.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Related article: How to Bypass Windows 7 Password without Software?