Dynamics GP Support via Web Session and Phone Conference, plus Great Plains Dynamics, GPA for DOS
We are confident that all the ever released versions of Microsoft Dynamics GP, Great Plains Dynamics on Pervasive SQL Server or Ctree, Great Plains Accounting for DOS, Windows or Mac are supportable. With modern computer technology you should get advantage of instant (or quasi instant) remote support from Dynamics GP Partner call center.
1. Web Session. Such providers as Gotomeeting.com allow technician to initiate web session, send you URL (open it by clicking on the link – it will send you directly to the web session URL in Internet Explorer). When you are in the web session, your remote Dynamics GP consultant sees your screen and has control over the keyboard and mouse (the same as if she or he would be sitting next to you in your office). Now the voice – if it is just you, Dynamics GP User and consultant. Connected via web session, she/he can just call your office number. If it is Dynamics GP Sales Presentation and you expect people from your several regional offices to be present – Gotomeeting web session provides Web Conference phone number
2. Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 (also known as version Microsoft Dynamics GP 11.0), 10.0, 9.0, 8.0, 7.5. You can get support directly from Microsoft Business Solutions if you are currently (July 2010) on one of the following versions: 11.0 (2010), 10.0, 9.0. Direct MBS support for older versions expired and you should seek support from one of the Dynamics GP VARs, who carries consultants, trained to support targeted version. Here typical support calls are about failed in posting Batch recovery, downloading and applying US (or Canadian) Payroll Tax Update (please, note that for GP version 8.0 and earlier we have to do it manually via SQL update statements, as MBS Dynamics GP Payroll tax update is no longer available), Great Plains Dexterity customization upgrade, issues with Integration Manager, installing Dynamics GP/Great Plains on new user workstation, altering Dynamics.set file to point to network version of Reports.dic, moving Dynamics GP from one SQL Server to another, FRx issues and data repair
3. Great Plains Dynamics/eEnterprise 7.5, 7.0, 6.0, 5.5, 5.0, 4.0, 3.2 support typical cases. Vintage Great Plains Dynamics was available on three Database platforms: Microsoft SQL Server (Great Plains eEnterprise, formerly also known as Dynamics C/S+ and on version 7.0 and 7.5 as Great Plains on MS SQL Server, initially available on MSDN and later expanded to MS SQL Server 2000), Great Plains Select on Pervasive SQL Server 2000 and Ctree (in essence Pervasive SQL is newly rebranded Btrieve). Up to the version 4.0 (if we are not mistaken) Great Plains Dynamics was also available on Macintosh (workstation version, where you deploy Ctree/Faircom Windows Server, or Mac Server with Faircom). Is you are on eEnterprise/C/S+ - the issues are similar to the ones described in paragraph #2. For Pervasive SQL/Btrieve and Ctree folks – data repair is typically done via Microsoft Access (linking tables via Pervasive or Ctree ODBC DSN) . For Pervasive/Btrieve there are also known issues where you have to repair corrupt Btrieve file via Butils (Btrieve Utilities). There is special technology to walk away from Novell Server to Windows platform
4. Great Plains Accounting for DOS, Windows or Macintosh: 9.5, 9.2, 9.1 and earlier versions. In time it was solid rock Corporate ERP application. Most of the issues we saw so far were related to the Server crash (WindowsNT 4, Novell, Windows 95/98 or even when you already have it redeployed on Windows XP with Pervasive SQL 2000), and now you need to be recovered from crashed hard drive and redeployed on the new server: Windows 2003, 2008 or Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000. Be aware, please, that Great Plains Accounting is not compatible with 64 bit platform. In fraction (up to 20 percent in our Microsoft CRM leads and accounts statistics) of the cases – GPA customers need data repair
5. Special paragraph on FRx. If you are installing FRx from FRx 6.7 CD, please be sure that FRx Financial reporting application is sensitive to the Service pack applied on the server to your FRX Sysdata (MS Access) database.
6. Integration Manager issues. We should like to mention new IM workstation installation issue. Integration Manager records reg key locally into your computer registry, so you will have to have reg key handy when installing
7. How to request info? Please call us 1-866-528-0577, 1-630-961-5918 or email us email@example.com By the nature of our business model we server you USA, Canada nationwide and internationally. Local service is available in Southwest Michigan: St. Joseph, Kalamazoo, Benton Harbor, Grand Rapids, Holland, Muskegon, South Haven, Grand Haven, Ludington; Southern California: Irvine, Los Angeles, San Diego; Chicago: downtown and South Western suburbs; Houston, TX. If you are out of reach for our local offices, we do web session based WMS and Dynamics GP presentations and then if required assign Sales and Implementation team to travel onsite (including international destinations) for reasonably timed orientation sessions
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Andrew Karasev, Alba Spectrum http://www.albaspectrum.com 1-866-528-0577, firstname.lastname@example.org Informational portal http://www.pegasplanet.com Andrew is Dynamics GP Certified Master and specializes in challenging customizations, data conversions, integrations, reporting. As an announcement, Alba Spectrum is opening the location in Benton Harbor/ Saint Joseph Area of the state of Michigan, where we are welcoming Dynamics GP customers, who need second opinion, barcoding, failed implementation recovery, version upgrade, challenging data conversions