How to create a Windows 7 password reset disk with floppy disk?
Windows users can create a password reset disk before or after password is forgotten to reset a lost Windows password. Here will show you how to create a Windows 7 password reset disk with floppy disk.
Then what is a floppy disk? According to Wiki, a floppy disk is a data storage medium that is composed of a disk of thin, flexible ("floppy") magnetic storage medium sealed in a square or rectangular plastic carrier lined with fabric that removes dust particles.
Before following the below steps, please learn that this method is only available provided your target Windows 7 user is accessible as it use the built-in tools of Windows 7 to create a password reset disk.
1. Insert a floppy disk into your floppy disk drive.
2. Open User Accounts by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking User Accounts and Family Safety, and then clicking User Accounts.
3. In the left pane, click Create a password reset disk.
4. Click "Next" on the opening screen of the "Forgotten Password Wizard" window.
5. Click floppy drive from the list of available devices and click "Next".
6. Enter your current password and click "Next".
7. Click "Next" when the wizard shows process was completed and click "Finish".
Now a Windows 7 password reset disk in created. Label and place it in a safe location as everybody can use this disk to change your Windows password.
Alternative Tips: If you forgot Windows 7 password without a password reset disk at hand, you have to resort to Windows password recovery tool to create a bootable password reset disk with a blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive. With the password reset CD/DVD or USB flash drive you can easily reset Windows 7 password.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR