How to Prevent Windows Password Lost?
This article tells you how to create a Windows password reset disk and a password hint to in case you forgot Windows password.
Have you tried some methods to prevent Windows password lost? Never write your password on a sticky note plastered to a desk or monitor. If you have bad memory, you can make full of features in Windows: set a password hint or create a password reset disk. You can perform Windows password recovery with the hint or reset Windows password with the disk.
Perform Windows password recovery with password hint:
Some systems, like Windows 7, Vista and XP, allow you to create a password hint so that you can get some clues to remember your forgotten password. It can be easily created a password hint when you create a Windows password to log on to computer. Please note if your computer is on domain, you cannot create a password hint. You can right-click My Computer to select Property, and then choose Computer Name to check if your computer is on domain.
The Windows password hint should be something that can help you remember a lost Windows password while it will not leak your Windows password. It appears below the password entry box, after you make an incorrect entry and then click OK. Never set the Windows password as your password hint because everyone is able to see your password hint.
Reset Windows password with password reset disk:
If you don’t like the password hint, you can create a password reset disk. It will help you reset Windows password easily if your computer is locked.
1. Click "Start" button, "Control Panel", "User Accounts and Family Safety" and "User Accounts".
2. Click "Create a password reset disk" in the left pane.
3. The Forgotten Password Wizard will open, insert a USB flash drive and then click "Next".
4. Select the portable media drive, and then click "Next".
5. Enter your current password, and then click "Next".
6. Click "Next" when the progress indicator shows 100% complete, and then click "Finish" in the next window.
Once the password reset disk is created, it can be repeatedly used to reset Windows password without limitation. If it falls into hands of others, he or she will be able to enter your computer with the disk. So please store your disk in a safe place.
Windows Password Tips:
1. With the development of technology, you can not only set a Windows password composed to protect your computer, but also protect your computer with fingerprint. If you use Window 7, you can enable Fingerprint Recognition System.
2. If you forgot Windows password and don't have a password disk, you can resort to Windows Password Recovery software like Windows Login Recovery. It allows you to reset Windows password in 5 minutes.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you forgot Windows password, you could perform Windows password recovery with the password hint or reset Windows password with a password reset disk.