How to transfer data using Windows Easy Transfer?
Windows Easy Transfer a very useful application for transmitting data from one computer to another including user accounts, documents, music, pictures, e-mail, internet favorites, and program settings. It allows you to transfer files from Window XP, Window Vista, and Windows 7 to Windows 7 computer.
Windows Easy transfer is a very handy application for transmission of data from your old computer setup to new one including all your configuration settings, music files, video files. You only need Easy transfer cable to connect two computers and by using this application data can be transferred easily. If you don’t have Easy transfer cable then you can use other storage device like CD/DVD, external hard disk or USB drive for data transmission. By using this application you can transfer all your important data including user accounts, documents, music, pictures, e-mail, internet favorites, and program settings. Apart from data stored on the hard drive you can even select internet browsing history, temporary internet files, important links and cookies for transferring them using Window Easy Transfer. It allows you to transfer files from Window XP, Window Vista, and Windows 7 to Windows 7 computer.
In the last article I had given you the information regarding the importance, modes of transmission and issues related to Windows Easy transfer and in this article I will let you know about the procedure for transferring files between the two computers.
For transferring data using Windows Easy Transfer you have to follow the following steps:
How to install Windows Easy transfer on your old computer?
1. Plug the storage device external hard disk, CD/DVD or USB on your new computer.
2. Click on Start button and select Getting Started from the Start Menu.
3. Then a new window appears on your screen containing lots of option you have to select “Transfer Your Files”. This will open Windows Easy transfer Wizard which will facilitates you to transfer desired files to your new computer.
4. Now select the modes through which you want to transfer files. These modes are: An easy transfer cable, A network and An external hard disk or USB drive and you have to select the one of the three modes are available. Transmission via Easy Transfer cable is the simplest way and in case you don’t have Easy transfer cable then you can use external hard disk or USB drive.
5. Then a dialog box will appear which will ask to select the computer you are using currently. You have to click on “This is my new computer”.
6. Now a message appears in your front to confirm whether you have transferred data form old computer? You have to click on “No” button.
7. Then select “I need to install it now “for installing Windows Easy Transfer for your old computer. If you are using Windows 7 operating system on your old computer then click on “My old computer is running Windows 7”.
8. Now select the device on which you want to install “Windows Easy Transfer” on external hard disk, USB drive or shared network folder.
9. Then unplug the storage device from your new computer and plug it to old computer.
10. On your old computer install “Windows Easy Transfer” form the storage device.
How to transfer data form old computer to new computer using Windows Easy transfer:
11. After completion of installation a new window appears on your screen which allows you to select the user accounts, personal settings and personal folder of a user.
12. By clicking on “Advance Link” you are allowed to select individual folder from your hard drive.
Apart from data stored on the hard drive you can even select internet browsing history, temporary internet files, important links and cookies for transferring them using Window Easy Transfer.
13. On the right pane of window you can see the data to be transferred. You can protect your data by setting password so that no one can get access to it without your permission.
14. Now files Window Easy transfer wizard has successfully completed the task of transferring data on your hard disk or USB drive.
15. Now connect your hard disk or USB drive on you new computer and repeat 1st, 2nd and 3rd step. Then click on the “This is my new computer” for proceeding further.
16. Now a dialog box will appear on your screen with message to confirm that you have transferred data on your hard disk form old computer. Click on “Yes” to ensure and then browse to locate the Window easy transfer file from your old computer.
18. After completion of copying you can see the report containing details about the transferred data under the hyperlink “What is transferred” and list of programs which you can install in your new computer from your old computer.
19. If you want to see the reports later then you have to type “Window Easy Transfer reports” in Start Search bar.
If you still have any problem related to the procedure then you can visit Microsoft support site or you can contact some of the well renowned companies they provide online technical support 24*7 for 365 days. They also provide Computer maintenance tools through which you can create backup of all your data and enhance the performance of your computer setup. They also provide reliable software solution for enhancing the performance of the computer for all window operating system.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Matthew Ferrall…is a Tech Savvy and Software Engineer. He has been working from 2008 for getting secure and reliable software solution for viruses, malwares with IMPCSUPPORT. IMPCSUPPORT provides the computer support for all windows operating system.