Top 4 Windows 7 Password Recovery Methods
Many Windows 7 users are familiar at how to add a password to stop
others from accessing their confidential computer data. But few users
will know what to do when it comes to a forgotten Windows password.
Here are 4 efficient Windows 7 password recovery methods you can use if
you forgot Windows 7 password and cannot access your computer.
Method 1: Windows 7 Password Recovery with Reset Disk
Creating password reset disk is a built-in feature of MS Windows 7 system, which allows users to create a password reset disk by using an USB flash drive to in case of a lost or forgotten Windows 7 password. It is a precautionary measure as most Windows 7 users forgot the login password without a password reset disk at hand.
Free Windows 7 password recovery solution.
Very easy to create and use such a disk.
Need to create the disk before forgetting the password.
Only valid for the target Windows account.
1. Enter a wrong password when you attempt to log on.
2. Click OK, and then click "Reset password" on the logon screen.
3. Insert the password reset disk.
4. Follow the instructions to create a new password.
Method 2: Windows 7 Password Recovery with Safe Mode
Safe mode which starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers helps you to diagnose and troubleshoot various computer problems. When you forgot Windows 7 password, you can also prefer safe mode to fix this problem.
Free and easy Windows 7 password recovery solution.
An administrator account is required to enter safe mode.
1. Repeatedly press F8 as the computer is booting.
2. Select Safe Mode on Windows Advanced Options Menu.
3. Enter safe mode with your administrator account.
4. Go to Control Panel to change or remove your password.
Method 3: Windows 7 Password Recovery with Shareware
Rekesoft Windows Password Recovery is an easy-to-use, safe and reliable Windows password recovery tool. It enables you to create a bootable CD or USB flash drive to reset the forgotten Windows 7 password to blank. So you can regain access to your computer without password.
100% recovery rate.
Support CD/DVD and USB flash drive.
Easy to use, no computer skills required.
An available computer is required.
A blank CD/DVD or USB flash drive is required.
1. Download and install Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery.
2. Run the program and create a bootable CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
3. Boot the locked computer from the CD/DVD/USB flash dirve.
4. Follow the instructions to reset the lost Windows 7 password.
Method 4: Windows 7 Password Recovery with Ophcrack
Ophcrack is the most popular free Windows password recovery software based on rainbow tables. It is a very efficient implementation of rainbow tables done by the inventors of the method.
Free Windows password recovery software.
Can figure out the lost Windows 7 password.
Cannot recover the password longer than 14 characters.
Rainbow tables will take you much time to download.
1. Visit the website, download the ISO image file.
2. Burn the ISO image file into a CD/DVD.
3. Boot the locked computer from the CD/DVD.
4. The Ophcrack program will start and recover the password.
These Windows 7 password recovery methods can help you get back to the computer when you forget your Windows 7 password. Of course, there are other Windows password reset solutions, like using system store, Windows 7 setup CD, etc. Just choose a proper method based on your actual needs.
Article Tags: Password Recovery Methods, Password Reset Disk, Windows Password Recovery, Password Recovery, Recovery Methods, Forgotten Windows, Windows Password, Password Reset, Reset Disk, Flash Drive, Safe Mode
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR