What if You Forgot Windows XP Password?
Firstly, try to use hidden admin account
Windows XP system has a special user account named "Administrator" and by default the account is not password protected. If you don't create a password for this account, you can log on computer with this admin account.
1. Turn on your PC. When you reach the login screen, press Ctrl+Alt+Del key twice to pop up a classic login window.
2. Type "Administrator" in the user name field, and then click "OK" to login the system.
After you login the system, you can easily reset the forgotten password in Control Panel. Please note that this way is available only when the hidden admin account is accessible. If you had created a password on this account, you'll need to perform the steps below.
Create a password reset disk with software
Windows password recovery tool enables you to create a password reset disk with CD/DVD or USB flash drive. With the password reset disk you can easily recover the forgotten Windows XP password. We recommend using Windows Password Buster and take it as an example.
1. Download and install Windows Password Buster, and then run the program.
2. Select "CD/DVD" or "USB Disks", and then click "Next" to burn a password reset disk.
3. Boot the locked computer with the password reset disk.
When you reach the password reset screen, you have 2 options. You can reset the forgotten password or create a new admin account.
4. If you want to reset or remove the password, select the account, and then click "Change password".
5. Select "Remove the password" or "New password", type your new password, and then click "OK".
6. If you want to create a new admin account, directly click the "Create a new account" button.
7. Type the user name and password for the new admin account, and then click "OK".
8. After that, click "Reboot" to reboot the computer. Remember to remove the password reset disk when the computer restarts.
Now your password has been reset. You can log on your computer with the new password or new admin account. Apart from these two methods, you can also reinstall Windows XP if there is nothing important information on your computer when you forgot Windows XP password.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Windows password recovery tool can help you access the computer when you forgot Windows XP password or forgot Windows 7 password.