Secrets Of Online Lead Generation: 10 Ways To Boost Opt-In Page Conversions
The opt-in page is a critical leverage point in online lead generation. Here are 10 tips for increasing its conversion rate...Technical & Design Considerations:1. An opt-in page, or "squeeze page", ha...
The opt-in page is a critical leverage point in online lead generation. Here are 10 tips for increasing its conversion rate...
Technical & Design Considerations:
1. An opt-in page, or "squeeze page", has but one goal: to collect contact information. That said, there should be no other option but to fill out the form. No menu bar... no external links... nothing to distract your visitor from taking the desired action. This is proven to increase response.
2. As a general rule, the more information you ask for, the lower your response will be. For first contact, settle for the name and email address. Asking for the phone number will kill your response. It's too soon to ask for it. Once you've built the relationship, you can always step up the involvement by offering another enticement for more of their contact information.
3. Be sure the opt-in form is "above the fold" so visitors don't have to scroll down to see it. This is proven to increase conversions. If the copy is long, include another form at the bottom of the page.
4. Your opt-in page should be on its own domain such as www.AutomatedLeadsOnline.com. This makes it much easier to market and promote your opt-in page using offline methods.
5. Here's a quick headline test: Your headline should speak to your target prospect, communicate a unique benefit, contain a certain amount of curiosity, use specific (non vague) language, and make an emotional appeal.
6. People are increasingly reluctant to give up their contact information. That means your copy needs to work extra hard to "sell" your free enticement. In fact, opt-in page copy is actually sales copy. Your prospect should desire your information so strongly, he is willing to give up his closely-guarded email address to get his hands on it.
7. Use bullet points to create intrigue and tease curiosity. They should point out what your prospect will discover on the "other side." Make them as interesting as possible. They should be specific... unique... relevant... and intriguing.
8. Provide a "reason why" you're offering this information for free. People need a reason for everything. A plausible "reason why" is powerful and persuasive.
9. Include a call to action that tells the reader exactly what you want them to do. Leave nothing to chance. Take advantage of the fact that people respond to direct commands. For example, "To get your hands on this valuable Special Report, simply fill in your name and the best email address to reach you."
Use these 10 tips as a general guide for creating effective lead-generating opt-in pages. But take don't take them as gospel. Always test your opt-in page elements to determine the best-performing combination.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Joshua Aaron Stanley is a copywriter and marketing consultant who turns words into wealth by creating client-attracting marketing systems. To download his free special report, "5 Steps To Automated Lead Generation Online," visit http://www.AutomatedLeadsOnline.com