The Benefits And Drawbacks Of Purchasing An Established Niche Affiliate Marketing Website
Buying a niche affiliate marketing website will get your online business set up much faster than building it from scratch. However, there are some risks as well as advantages. This article looks at some of the features of buying an established niche affiliate marketing Internet business.
It is very time consuming to design a niche affiliate marketing website from scratch and then to promote it online. If you have very little spare time, then you should consider buying an established online business.
There are a number of important advantages to be had in buying a website that someone else has built and promoted. For example:
* it will already have built up a regular flow of traffic
* it will already have been discovered by the search engines and may even have reached a page one ranking on Google for some keyword phrases
* it may already be generating sales and profits. While the advantages to be had in buying an established website are impressive, bear in mind that if you are not careful, you run the risk of being massively ripped off.
Some less scrupulous niche affiliate marketing website owners will quickly set up a site and try and flip it for an exaggerated price, building and flipping site after site in quick succession to unsuspecting purchasers.
When you find a website that appears to suit your purposes, you need to check it out before you buy. Is the content unique? Check it out on Google or by using a duplicate content checker such as copyscape.com.
Enter the website URL into Dnscoop.com to check its Alexa traffic rank, domain age, page rank and the number of inbound links. Dnscoop will also give you an estimate of the value of the site.
Next, check out the details of the owner of the website at whois.com.
Ask the seller to sign a non-competition clause to prevent him from spinning a similar version of the site you are looking to purchase.
After you gain ownership of the new website, you will need to perform several tasks to make it uniquely yours.
1. change all the passwords.
2. You will need to change the affiliate links to your own and possibly replace the affiliate programs with ones that you prefer.
3. Replace the e-zine subscription form with your own.
4. Update the website contact details.
5. Add your own photo.
6. Maintain the site and build up traffic flow and conversion rates.
If you have bought a good quality website, you should have no problem earning back your investment while you work on building your new online enterprise. In one month, you will be able to accomplish more than most online business owners get done in a year.
Where can you buy an established website?
The top three website auction locations are:
1. Bizquest.com - which has been going since 1994
2. Bizbuysell.com - the biggest online website auction site
3. Dealabiz.com - lists some low priced niche websites
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Learn more about starting your own affiliate marketing website at Work From Home Opportunity and sign up for the free newsletter course. Also, check out John Baril's online training blog at: Online Marketing Promotion