Why You Don't Need to Advertise to Get New Customers
Why You Don't Need to Advertise to Get New Customers. There is seldom any MAGIC BULLET in marketing, rather it's a series of many automated systems that come together to produce a steady stream of customers.
Generally speaking, advertising is one of the least effective ways to grow your business. Surprised? MBA's graduates and ad reps will never understand this unless they were spending their own hard earned cash, which of course they never have.
So if you shouldn't advertise, how can you generate customers or sales?
There is seldom any MAGIC BULLET in marketing, rather it's a series of many automated systems that come together to produce a steady stream of customers. There you have it there's the secret right there. Just don't go throwing your money around and hoping for the best.
You should be using a combination of up to at least ten other marketing strategies and you must test and measure each one, continuously.
Wrong Question - Wrong Mindset
A marketing expert in New York back in the 1960's (I can't remember his name) who said he always got asked the same question everywhere he went.
The question was "What is the single biggest thing you do that generates most of your customers". His reply was "I don't know of any one thing that brings in most of my customers. I do know however of 48 things I can do, and I will do, to bring in one customer"
This is brilliant advice. In other words, you should be using a combination of up to at least ten other marketing strategies. It might take a bit of work at first but there's no other way around it. Implement these 11 strategies below into your business, sit back and watch the sales come in.
Here are some examples of the top 11 marketing strategies:
1. Direct Mail - the most effective strategy when done properly
2. Well Organised Website -With a clear objective
3. Email Marketing -Becoming more and more difficult
4. Telephone Marketing -Only when following up on leads generated by other marketing strategies
5. Press Releases -Why spend money on advertising when PR gives you coverage for free
6. Affiliate Programs -Get others to sell for you by offering a generous commission
7. Auto-Responders -Not the reply thank you message but a series of timed messages sent to your list over 6-12 months or longer
8. Free Reports/Guides - that offer valuable advice and help people solve problems
9. Magazine/Newspaper Articles - The best form of advertising.... and it's free!
10. Pay Per Click, PPC - Unlike most other forms of advertising, PPC is highly targeted and highly effective. Unfortunately most PPC advertisers don't know how to write good ads, (you do now) and they waste their leads with a poorly arranged website which doesn't convert clicks into leads and therefore customers
11. Sell to Your Existing Customers - The single most underused resource in any company
Article Tags: Other Marketing
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Jimmy Krangol is becoming quite a buzz in the marketing world. You can sign up to Jimmy's Free 7 day marketing course "How You Can Make £4,297 Per Day Sitting at Your Computer In Your Underwear" at http://www.topsecretmarketing.com/courses