Work from Home using the Internet
Online Businesses and Internet Businesses are not for everybody. You will be offered lots of great business ideas with great promises of making you rich - but will they really make you rich? Are they really for you?
But is this for everybody? Should you really consider doing this?My simple answer is no - it is not for everybody and I will tell you why.
1. The internet business is not the financial life-saver that you are led to believe. An internet business or an online business as they are often called are just like any traditional business.
2. You have to have patience to learn and understand how to make your online business work - it is like any other business you may choose to start.
3. It is recommended you have a small amount of capital - nothing is for nothing - $100 will easily get you started and you can begin to increase your capital and reinvest as you business grows.
4. You must be committed. No business will work if you don't have committment. I don't mean you have to work 8-10 hour days - I mean you should set aside at least an hour a day to familiarise yourself with your business and to build it. If you can't do this don't bother starting an online business.
5. You must be willing to learn. This will mean online chats with other people, web searches, reading. If you don't learn you will fail.
6. Understand what your business is about before committing to it. Don't be convinced by just the testimonials - contact others who have been building the same type of business and get their feedback. Assess the business based on your comfort levels. Remember skills can be learn't.
I am not trying to convince you that having an online business is a bad thing. Quite the contrary. What I am trying to do is help you understand that an internet business is not a get rich scheme. You do have to do some work to make it successful and to help you realise your dreams.
It is true that successful internet businesses free up your time. Once you have learn't your business, set it up and been working on it for a while you will find that you may only need to spend a minimum of an hour a week on it to maintain it. Don't expect though to spend only an hour a week in the first few weeks or months. Set aside time each day to learn and build your business.
A successful online business is the fruit of successful planning and learning. If you have the passion to succeed you will succeed.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Katherine Quirke is an Australian based business entreprenuer. She has worked in the IT industry for over 10 years and owned a number of businesses over the last 20 years. Sharing her knowledge has become a passion. Further information may be referenced at: www.potentialtime.com.au/onlinebiz.htm and www.richpom.potentialtime.com