5 Things You Should Look For In A Christian College
Most Christian colleges are a good colleges to attend, but some stand out above the rest. There are a few things that are important to look for in a Christian college or Bible college that will help you get the most out of your Christian education. In this article you’ll find the 5 things to look for in a Christian college.
1. The Christian educational model should utilize the Biblical and historically-proven "discipling approach" used by Jesus.
• All training rests upon the Bible and the Holy Spirit, and will empower you to be a leader who moves with authority.
• You will experience individualized, specialized, one-on-one mentoring, allowing you to develop your unique areas of giftedness and ministry.
• Your in-depth exploration of what the Bible says about the ministry you pursue enables you to become an empowered leader who disciples that area.
• You multiply personal gifts, making you rise to influential leadership positions.
• Majors are offered which lead to accredited Associate's, Bachelor's, Master's and Doctoral degrees, preparing you to disciple nations.
2. The Christian colleges of professors are proven national and international leaders.
• Only leaders can apprentice you into leadership. For example, only someone who moves in the anointing is able to help you learn to move in the anointing.
• The curriculum should be created by and proven in leaders' lives.
• The curriculum should have the authority of experience. It is not theory.
• The curriculum should flow from life itself, which makes it dynamic and life-giving.
• Your course materials should come from today's "spiritual fathers"!
3. The Christian college should progressively integrate the internet and distance education through online Bible college options.
• This allows you to bring international leaders into the comfort and privacy of your living room.
• Your entire family can grow together by taking the classes together without having to travel.
• You are not forced to uproot yourself and your family, putting your life "on hold" while you get an education.
• You may adjust the speed of your college education to your life's busy demands.
• Correspondence classes and online classes allow school’s to reduce costs and should lower your tuition below average tuitions.
• Through bulletin boards and chat rooms, the internet offers you the "community" benefits of a residential college.
• You can form your own small group in your church or community that meets and learns together.
• You can take courses anytime, anywhere, while traveling, on the mission field, or re-locating to a new city or nation.
4. The Christian university should utilize the Leader's Paradigm (System) for discovering truth. (I wrote about the “Leaders Paradigm” in my previous article, “The Six Pillars of the Leaders Paradigm”
• You will be taught the process that leaders use to make wise, anointed decisions.
• You will begin using that decision-making process yourself.
• You will learn how to hear the voice of God and how to integrate it into every decision you make.
• You will develop confidence in making wiser, stronger decisions.
• Wise decisions will usher you into leadership roles and influential positions.
5. The Bible college should honor life experience.
• The lessons you have learned in life are honored and translated into credits, rather than ignored and wasted.
• Since you are not forced to re-learn lessons you already know, you are free to go on to discover new truths.
• Your educational time and expense are decreased while your learning is increased.
• Your learning is clarified and validated through the use of ongoing practica, making life itself one of your major teachers.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Mark Virkler is with Christian Leadership University. CLU is an Online Bible College offering Christian Education which includes listening to God’s voice and offers certificates, undergrad, Masters, and Doctorates in the various Christian colleges of CLU.