Resume Tips : Need to Remember
Everyone knows that resume is important for each one of us. But many times we don’t know how to draft our resume so that we can land a very good job. For that resume writing tips are helpful.
One should have a strong and effectual resume which would help one to get a job of one’s own choice. We all surf through several websites which guide us in writing a resume in a concise manner. Let us discuss about making our resume more attractive and catchy which would attract the employers and give us a good job with a good remuneration.
The important resume tips which one should follow in order to get a good job:
1. Each and every employer comes to know about the goal of his job applicant through his writing a resume. Some people write their resume in such a way that they are impatiently looking for the job. So the true objective of a resume should be to seek an interview and if an interview is cleared successfully would give you a good job.
2. One should mention one’s qualities and strengths in a disciplined manner such that they must relate to the real life work experiences .There should be no exaggeration in mentioning one’s qualities and strengths.
3. Resume must not have too much of pronouns, conjunctions ,phrases, Jargons and slangs.Always avoid use of ‘I’ at the beginning before mentioning qualifications, achievements and strengths.
4. One should mention one’s professional achievements instead of responsibilities which always sound irritating and cumbersome.
5. It is not necessary to list all the experiences. The listing of experiences also varies for which position one is applying for. For normal position there should only be two headings under which could be four to six sub headings. When one applies for the post of CEO or Manager One can have five headings.
6. Bulleted points or numbering should be used whenever it’s required. But the resume should be numbered or bulleted in such a systematic and Symmetry manner.
7. One should always use Mr. and Ms Gender representing abbreviations wherever necessary.
8. One should also mention the previous organizations with whom the job applicant has worked and respective positions held in the organizations. The work experience stated should be in the reverse order meaning recent job and job position should be mentioned at the top followed by the preceding jobs.
9. One should write the most important information or important achievements at the top and the less important information or important achievements at the bottom.
10. One should update his resume regularly and also seek a professional advice from professional resume writers whenever necessary.
11. One should proof read one’s resume twice or thrice.
12. One must use right key words in one’s resume.
13. One should always search sample resumes through web search from various sites and get an idea as to how one should write a resume.
14. One must not copy the resume samples directly from the resume sites and make one’s own resume which exactly resembles the resume given on a particular site. This would minimize one’s chances of getting a good job as one’s resume would coincide with resume of many other. Thus the employer would not able to differentiate one’s resume from others and though the job applicant may be talented he may not get the job.
Thus the resume writing is skill .Resume writing is an art which each and every person should learn. One should have a great vocabulary, writing skills and language proficiency so that one can write his resume efficiently, clearly and in a lucid manner. One must know how to mingle with the words and should write specific and to the point.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
I am good resume writer. I am professional in resume writing. I have written various types of resume. In that I focus on almost all fields such as accounting, arts, clerks, and many more. The site http://www.bestresumewriting.com provides you writing a resume samples and also other related things.