Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint Articles
Thursday, September 21, 2017
 
Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint ArticlesRegisterAll CategoriesTop AuthorsSubmit Article (Article Submission)ContactSubscribe Free Articles, Free Web Content, Reprint Articles
 

TOEFL EXAM: Reading tips and strategies

TOEFL Exam reading comprehension requires a lot of practice and good language knowledge. Refer to the tips to have a better idea of the same.

TOEFL EXAM: Reading tips and strategies

Are you giving the TOEFL exam this time? In any case, you would be needing to achieve good quality over your reading abilities- Understanding and interpretation. You can train yourself in two ways:

  1. Find TOEFL reading passages and create possible questions from the same to test yourself.
  2. The second way is to do normal reading without questions that will improve your language abilities.

Get real passages from sample papers. You would be able to find such material on the official ETS website. Try to pick up passages from test-like simulations that represent the real exam scenario to help you give a better experience in preparation.

Get good practice material available apart from these tools as they are good in terms of quality but not sufficient for practice.

But apart from all of this, your aptitude for Academic English is also important. If you read such stuff on a regular basis, then it should be easy to crack TOEFL. If you are aiming for a real good score on TOEFL, you must make your preparation based on some challenging reading material available from multiple sources.

Use preparatory material available for GRE also some material in authentic American English extending across varied subjects like Science, History and Humanities. Read the right topics as only something like recipes surely won’t be of much help.

Usually the reading section of TOEFL would consist of 3 or 4 passages and you would be able to devote 20 minutes per passage to complete the entire section. This section has been designed to test your understanding and interpret your academic writing at a college level.

Whenever you read, make sure you understand 75% of the content that is being absorbed by you. The rest 25% would require you to read up to improve on your vocabulary for a better understanding. Only if you understand and read something, your interest in the same stays intact.

Follow these tips as you read:

  1. Make it a practice to take notes.
  2. Summarize every paragraph and read it.
  3. Have a set of questions once you finish reading a paragraph and suitably address them.
  4. Predict the content in the paragraph next after finishing the previous one.

For more detailsHealth Fitness Articles, refer TOEFL exam.

Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com

ABOUT THE AUTHOR


Chandrakala, a content writer from Collegesearch.in



Health
Business
Finance
Travel
Technology
Home Repair
Computers
Marketing
Autos
Family
Entertainment
Education
Law
Communication
Other
Sports
ECommerce
Home Business
Self Help
Internet
Partners


Page loaded in 0.113 seconds