How to Play Burned PS2 Games and PS1 Game on a PS2 System
The information given in this guide will show you how to easily copy your Playstation and Playstation 2 games and how to play burned PS2 games on your PS2 system. You'll find all of the information that you need to burn backup copies of PS2 game disks. Please read the Game Copy wizard Review for more...
The information given in this guide will show you how to easily copy your Playstation and Playstation 2 games and how to play burned PS2 games on your PS2 system. You'll find all of the information that you need to burn backup copies of PS2 game disks. First, you'll need to have the following items: a personal computer with a CD burner, some CD-R blanks (not CDR-RW). You'll also need CDRWIN, Fireburner, and CPS2 Patcher software installed.
It's easy to learn how to play burned PS2 games: It's a simple, three-step process: read the game, patch it, and burn it to a CD disk, as follows:
1. Insert the original game into the CD drive.
2. Open the CDRWIN application and click on the Extract Disk/Tracks/Sectors button.
Note: If the game disk is scratched, the CDRWIN will not be able to read it, and you will see a message displayed indicating, "Can't read section xxxx-xxxxx of disk.* If this happens, try to clean the disk. If the message reappears after cleaning the disk, use a different copy of the same game to complete the process.
3. When CDRWIN is completed, click the OK button, and exit CDRWIN.
4. Open the PS2 Patcher, select the game file you just created, select the RAW option, and patch it.
5. Close the PS2 Patcher, open up Fireburner, and click on the Visual Cue Burner button.
6. If the .CUE file contains the game name, drag it into the Fireburner window. If it was not created, drag the .BIN file into the Fireburner window.
7. Right-click the file in the Fireburner window, and select Burn/Test Burn.
8. In the Options window, select the CD Writer, select the Write Speed, and select "Track at once for the recording method."
9. Ensure that Eject CD and Close Session are checked.
10. Click OK to begin burning the PS2 game.
Burning a Playstation (PS1) Game
Playstation 1 games can be burned using the same methods given above for the PS2 games, but that is not necessary. There is an easier way. For Playstation 1 games, all you need to make a new game copy is a program that lets you make exact copies or backup disks. You needn't select any special options. Knowing how to play burnt game on PS2 games is easy, simply start the game in the same manner as you would a PS2 game. The following directions will lead you through the process. It may seem a bit daunting at first, but after a few times, it will be as easy as falling off of a log.
1. Remove the front of your PS2 game drive. This should snap off easily.
2. Insert your Gameshark 2 CD, making sure that the Gameshark memory card is installed into either one of the two slots.
3. From the Gameshark options, select Start Game.
4. Select Without, and your screen should indicate, "Please insert game disk then press X to continue."
Note: This part of the process can be confusing for first timers. Its purpose is to open the PS2 console and interchange the Gameshark disk with your burned PS2 game without the machine recognizing that the change has been made. DO NOT press the Eject button on the PS2 to remove the disk.
With the PS2 cover removed, look inside to see a white tab. Use a credit card or similar tool to gently move the white tab to the right until it stops moving. If done correctly, you should now be able to manually open the PS2 console's CD tray.
5. Remove the Gameshark disk from the PS2 and insert your burned game.
6. Gently push the CD tray into the closed position, being careful not to press the Eject button.
7. Slide the white tab to the left back to its original position, using a paper clip if needed.
That's it. You've done it. Next time it will be even easier.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
From now, you can copy your original discs and play the backed up games you have made with How to Burn PS3 Games software that is Game Copy wizard, Click the Game Copy wizard Review for more...