Moms: 7 Tips to Organize Your School Kids1. Place near the door a rack for ... and a shelf or mat for shoes. Have kids deposit ... hats, gloves, shoes upon ... Each evening, they r
Moms: 7 Tips to Organize Your School Kids
1. Place near the door a rack for outerwear and a shelf or mat for shoes. Have kids deposit their coats, hats, gloves, shoes upon entering. Each evening, they replace with tomorrow's shoes and jackets.
2. Have kids empty their backpacks when they arrive home. Provide a basket in which they can place anything for parents' review.
3. Make sure your kids have a well-lit place to do homework. Teach them to use in/out trays to ensure no homework is missed.
4. Give them chores. Teachers report that kids who regularly do chores at home are more responsible in the classroom.
5. Help kids manage their time. Teach them to list all their responsibilities (chores, homework, soccer practice) and how much time each will take.
6. Prepare each evening. Pick out clothes and shoes. Pack lunches. Set out breakfast. Place backpack by the door.
7. Make an out-the-door checklist. Note everything they need to take to school. Post it on the door.