Outsmart the Fats and Oils of Mayo Stain and Beat It When Carpet Cleaning
Mayonnaise is a delicious condiment that adds zing to everything from sandwiches to French fries, however, get it on your carpet and it loses it flavor.
Mayonnaise, or commonly known as mayo, is a thick and creamy condiment that is primarily made out of eggs, vinegar or lemon juice, and many different herbs and spices. It is really a very commonly used condiment these days, being used in making sandwich spreads to salad dressings as well as in many more delicious recipes.
While mayo can be very useful inside your kitchen, it can cause some problems if you accidentally spill it on certain areas of your home. An example of this is when you have spilled some mayonnaise all over your carpet.
Mayonnaise stains are no laughing matter. It can leave behind an ugly stain which will instantly ruin the appearance of your carpet at home. That is why you must do everything you can to get rid of this mess.
Mayonnaise itself normally does not have much color, but it contains oil and eggs, both of which can stain things easily, partially because of the oily film left behind.Because of the egg contained within the mayo it is important, when treating mayo stains, not to use hot or warm water while you are rinsing the stained area, as this can "cook" the protein found within the mayonnaise and set thestain.
Here are some tips to help you eliminate the mayonnaise stains on your carpet with ease.
1. Scoop up as much of the mayonnaise on the carpet by using a spoon or a dull knife. Do this quickly so that you will be able to prevent the spill from spreading to other unaffected areas of the carpet. After you are able to scoop up as much of the mayonnaise, proceed to the next step.
2. What you need to do next is to make a cleaning solution that will help remove the stain on your carpet. For this, you can use household items such as white vinegar. The vinegar is effective in removing unwanted stains and it will likewise neutralize any bad odor that could remain on your carpet. Just mix one part of white vinegar with four parts of warm water to make this simple yet effective cleaning solution.
3. Apply the cleaning solution you have just prepared onto the stained area of the carpet. Then, use a clean white cloth to carefully blot the mayonnaise stain. Make your way from the outer portion of the stain moving inward for the best results.
4. Repeat the previous step until all of the stain is removed. It could take a while but pretty soon all of the mayo stain will be gone and your carpet will be nice and clean once again.
5. Flush out any residue that could get left behind on your carpet by rinsing the area you just cleaned with a glass of water. Then, dry everything completely using clean rags to complete the task.
If the said attempts wont work, try to call professional carpet cleaning service to do the proper job for you
Check out Auckland Carpet Cleaning to come up with reliable assistance needed
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Graeme Stephens has been running the largest owned Carpet Cleaning Auckland, a leading Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery and Pest Control Company covering all Auckland post codes. Contact us today to ask about the services we can offer you.