7 Ways on How to Take Care of Your Porcelain Veneers
Porcelain veneers can make your teeth look perfectly and naturally whiter. However, it is important that you know how to take good care of them. Ask your dentist in Chandler AZ.
1. Do not bite your nails or any hard items like ice and bottles. These may either dislocate or break the dental veneers. Utilize knife to cut foodstuff into small pieces to prevent giving heavy pressure to your teeth as you bite. Should you be playing contact sports like boxing, volleyball and basketball, you should use mouth guard to safeguard them.
2. If you have the practice of grinding your teeth, you have to manage yourself from doing this or else, it will result to chipped tooth or teeth. Grinding your teeth or bruxism in dental term produces heavy forces that it can ruin the porcelain veneers. In the event you grind your teeth throughout sleep, ask your dentist for help. He will make or advise a plastic night guard for you. This is an effective tool to prevent your teeth from breaking.
3. Stick to the treatment or appointment schedules directed at you by your dentist in Chandler AZ. This will help maintain veneers in good condition. He will be able to identify problems and address issues before they get out of hand.
4. Shell out for non-abrasive toothpaste for your dental laminates. Use toothbrush that has soft bristles. Similarly, buy alcohol-free mouthwash because alcohol can bring harm to the cement or bonding material that holds your veneers. This is similar to saying that with the porcelain veneers on, never drink alcohol heavily. Insane as you may think but if you canít keep away from alcohol, use straw in order to avoid the contact of alcohol to your teeth.
5. Whenever you can, avoid drinking beverages and eating foods that can stain your teeth. The veneers themselves can stay in its original colors but their edges, which were applied with cement to ensure that they're in their positions, could quite possibly get stained. This will dramatically affect the stunning look of your dental veneers. To minimize the effects of colored drinks, you may use straw.
6. Yearning for snacks? Eat as you wish - but are you ready to have your teeth cleaned each time? Yes, it is necessary to stop staining your teeth, as well as to avoid building up of plaques in the edges of the veneers.
7. Quit or avoid cigarette smoking. Cigarettes contain nicotine, which can discolor your precious dental veneers. In only a few months, it can transform your teeth from white to yellow. Your hard-earned money gets wasted after. †††
Certainly, you have to include your daily oral hygiene in the list. Per the recommendation of the American Dental Association, you should brush your teeth at least two times a day. Specifically, you need to use fluoride toothpaste. You also must floss once every day. Ask your dentist in Chandler AZ for a more thorough clarification on how to clean your teeth.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR