Early Signs of Tooth Enamel Loss and How to Manage It
You should be able to check if your teeth are already showing early signs of tooth enamel loss. These will help you manage your dental concern.
The most apparent indication that your tooth enamel is gone is the whitening of the tips of your teeth. This happens because the tips are getting to be thinner than the roots. In some instances, they even appear to be transparent.
Your teeth look rounded or shorter.
Soon as the tooth enamel wears out, the inner and softer dentin tissue becomes exposed and causes sensitivity. You will then experience pain from hot and cold food and drinks, and when you give pressure to your teeth like biting down a piece of candy.
Cracked Tooth Edges
Also one of the early signs of tooth enamel loss are cracked tooth edges. You are losing your tooth enamel if you discover that the edges of your tooth start to crack and feel rough.
Because tooth enamel has no living cells, there is no way it can restore itself. Soon as it is gone, the damage is already long-term. Hence, you will need to note that if your tooth enamel is showing early warning signs of wearing out, you ought to do things to stop giving it further damage. These include:
1. Avoid or reduce your consumption of acidic foods. If you canít help eating meals rich in acid, make an effort to consume it within five minutes. Similarly, eat them during mealtimes to ensure that the acid stays in your teeth for a very limited time only. Wait for 20 minutes before cleaning your teeth to avoid damaging the softened enamel. Use fluoride toothpaste because it assists in the strengthening of your teeth. Ask advice from your dentist.
2. Use straw when having beverages high in acid like wine, soda and fruit juices to minimize the contact of acid in your teeth.
3. Drink lots of water to keep your mouth from becoming dry and to eliminate food debris inside it.
4. Make flossing an everyday habit. This will help you get rid of plaque buildup and bacteria in between teeth.
5. Visit your dentist twice yearly. He will be able to monitor the health of your tooth enamel and do the necessary treatments.
Early signs of tooth enamel loss will give you the determination to guard your tooth enamel even more. But if your issues with tooth enamel can no longer be prevented with these strategies, you should see your dentist in Chandler AZ. He may recommend dental treatments like tooth bonding, sealant or crown, which will function as a new covering for your teeth. Either of these methods will help avoid more harm to your tooth enamel.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
If you need services from a pediatric dentist Chandler AZ clinic, head on to Kyrene Family Dentistry, the most trusted name in affordable tooth extraction.