What is Chakra Healing?
The purpose of chakra energy healing is to align and balance the Chakra system, which is one of our body’s electro-magnetic energy systems. It is comprised of seven spinning vortices of energy runn...
The purpose of chakra energy healing is to align and balance the Chakra system, which is one of our body’s electro-magnetic energy systems. It is comprised of seven spinning vortices of energy running from the root chakra at the base of the spine all the way up the midline of the body to the crown chakra on the top of the head.
Chakra is a Sanskrit word from the Hindu system literally translated as “circular motion” but most often translated as wheel or vortex. The Chakras represent different levels of consciousness, having to do with survival, creativity, identity, love, expression, comprehension, and transcendence. Each of these energy centers has a special task and they all carry specific information.
Chakra energy healing is needed when one or more of the chakras get out of whack due to low vibrations from worry, fear, anger or other issues. That can deplete the energy of the person in general. When the chakras are aligned and free from negative emotions they spin vibrantly and communicate with each other and we experience peace and contentment.
The following is a brief description of each chakra, including where on the body it is located and what type of emotions are stored there. Also listed for each is a color, although when I see them in my mind’s eye each one contains a variety of hues, not just one solid color. What is listed is below is the most predominant color for that chakra.
· Chakra 1 Red/Base of the Spine. The root chakra is tied to your survival instincts, and your connection to earth. Comfort and contentment with our earthly lives is rooted here. When our first chakra is working optimally, we feel grounded.
· Chakra 2 Orange/Beneath Navel. The sacral chakra carries lots of emotions. It is located in the reproductive region, so with that it carries the energy of creation — not just of a new life, but any creative expression. It is also tied to relationships and sex, power and money.
· Chakra 3 Yellow/Between Navel and Chest. The solar plexus chakra is located right in the “core” of our being. It is where we carry our feelings of self-worth and confidence, or lack thereof. It is also where we experience feelings such as “butterflies” or “listening to your gut.”
· Chakra 4 Green/Heart.This is the heart chakra. It is here that we hold our feelings of love and forgiveness. It radiates warmth, compassion and connection with others. Or, if it is not working up to par, it is because we’ve got stuck feelings of heartache and unforgiveness. It’s the hallway between the upper and lower chakras.
· Chakra 5 Blue/Throat. The throat chakra has a lot to do with speaking up for yourself. It is located in the throat/neck area and is related to your voice and your communication with others. It also houses concerns about others not hearing what you say, and your perception of your public representation of yourself.
· Chakra 6 Indigo/Brow, middle of forehead. Also called the third eye because it represents our spiritual sight. It helps us to see the big picture of situations in our lives. Through this we see much more than our five senses pick up.
· Chakra 7 Violet, Gold, White/Top of the head. Referred to as the crown chakra, this is our connection to “the Divine,” which may mean different things for different people. Both Chakra 6 and Chakra 7, when clear and functioning ideally, contribute to intuition and inspiration.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Carolyn Cooper is a gifted Energy Intuitive and teacher of cutting-edge vibrational healing. Through inspiration and years of experience, Carolyn has created SimplyHealed, a unique energy-healing training course in which anyone can learn how to heal themselves and others. These trainings attract an international audience. Cooper also publishes an e-newsletter called "Living in the Flow" and was a contributing author of the book 101 Great Ways to Improve Your Health. Visit her blog at http://www.CarolynCooper.com/blog.