Making Chakra Meditation a Big Part of Your Life
Meditation is one of the best things you can do to bring a little relief to your mind, your spirit and even your physical body. It is a practice which has been with us for thousands of years; the ancient civilization of India was one society well aware of the benefits provided by meditation. We in the West have come to an understanding of meditation as a tool for achieving better mental and spiritual health only recently. On of the most effective and simple methods of meditation (and for precisely this reason, the most popular) is Chakra meditation.
The Basics of Chakra Meditation
Chakra Meditation is a means of striking a balance between the seven energy centers of the body - these are known as Chakras. Once these energy centers are properly balanced, proper energy flow through the body can be achieved. We should briefly explain these seven Chakras:
1. The Crown Chakra - located at the top of the head, this is the Chakra which relates to our thought; wisdom, knowledge and our very consciousness.
2. The Brow (or Third Eye) Chakra - this Chakra is located between the eyebrows and relates to the element of light; that is to say our powers of perception and visualization.
3. The Throat Chakra - this Chakra is found at the base of the throat and is tied to the element of sound. This Chakra is related to our ability to communicate and our creative impulses.
4. The Heart Chakra - found in the center of the chest close to the heart, this Chakra is responsible for your capacity to love and feel compassion, as well as governing your relationships. This Chakra is related to the element of air.
5. The Solar Plexus (or Power) Chakra - situated just above the navel, this Chakra is related to our will power as well as our metabolism. This Chakra is related to the element of fire.
6. The Sacral Chakra - found just below the navel, this Chakra relates to physical love and our generative organs, as well as the creative impulse.
7. The Root (or base) Chakra - Found at the base of the spine, this Chakra is responsible for our general physical health, as well as security and prosperity. This Chakra is related to the element of Earth.
To refresh yourself and bring things back into the proper balance, nothing works better than does Chakra meditation. If all of these important energy centers are in proper alignment, then you will enjoy better health; physical, mental and spiritual. Chakra meditation can make a huge difference towards fostering better health and a better life for you.
Chakra Meditation:- The Process
Chakra Meditation consists of three techniques:
1. Grounding - This technique aims to make you feel physically connected with the Earth. Close your eyes and visualize a root growing from your body and into the Earth beneath you. You will need to focus intensely in order to do this successfully.
2. Centering Technique - Take a few deep breaths. Tighten and relax each part of your body, from bottom to top; visualize yourself relaxing as you do so. Finally, visualize centering a piece of pottery on a potter's wheel.
3. Relaxation Technique - This can be anything which works to produce the necessary state of relaxation for you, but many find that visualization techniques are best to achieve this. Here is a simple way to perform Chakra meditation:
a) Sit or lie down in a comfortable position.
Do this meditation for as long as needed at any time of the day!
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Paul White is one of the experts who writes for the popular website:- http://www.chakra-balance.com/chakra-meditation/ Please visit here to get more information on how chakra meditation can enhance your life and to get 29 FREE chakra meditation mp3 audios and ebooks.