Cambridge Moving Companies and their Order for Service
The order for service is a document which is neither an estimate nor a contract. It is a form of consenting for moving services which will be provided. If you are wondering how Cambridge moving companies write up an order for service, here are some facts on it.
• An order for service is not to be considered a contractual agreement. The order for service can be cancelled if the beneficiary decides not to move, or simply decides to use another mover. It can also be changed if the beneficiary and mover agree on a new non-binding estimate.
• There are certain data which the order for service must contain irrespective of which of the many Cambridge movers you will be using. These include addresses, telephone numbers, complete description of services, terms and conditions of payment, and so on.
• Just like the estimates, the mover and beneficiary should sign the order for service. Within the next three days upon signing, the Cambridge moving companies will allow you to cancel the order for service against zero penalties provided that you will schedule the shipment later than three days after you have signed the order for service.
• The order of service must be as complete and as accurate as possible.
What You Should Know About
• Cambridge movers cannot possibly provide a perfectly accurate bill of lading.
• Additional costs cannot be estimated until the shipment reaches the destination. These costs may include costs with unpacking, destination charges, or storage in transit which cannot be estimated before the actual process is finished.
• Actual shipment weight cannot be included in the bill of lading before the shipment is in fact weighed. That is why, many times clients sign partially filled up bills of lading which contain all necessary information except the weight of the shipment.
• When signing the bill of lading, Cambridge moving companies allow the beneficiary to choose the valuation option, additional services, and so on.
• The order for service should be amended in accordance upon the agreement of both parties.
Information on the Order for Service
• Name and addresses of movers and beneficiaries as well as U.S. DOT number of the mover.
• Pick up date and delivery date, or time and date interval for pickup and delivery.
• Form of payment as well as terms and conditions of payment.
• Any additional or accessorial services includes must be described in details by Cambridge movers on the order for service.
• Order for service should also include a registration number from Cambridge moving companies.
For your information, you should also know that if the mover anticipates the need for an accessorial service or another form of special service, the mover can refuse to deliver the shipment if you do not wish to pay for the expected service. In such cases, a written refusal is required.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
DN Van Lines is the Premier Cambridge Movers in Massachusetts. If you are planning to move locally and are looking for reliable Cambridge moving company, Call DN Van Lines at 1-800-51-MOVER to get an estimated Quote.