Cleaning and Maintenance of Timber Floors
Timber or hardwood flooring has two types, solid and engineered. Solid hardwood floor plank is made of a solid wood, milled from a single timber. Engineered wood floor is comprised of two or more diff...
People preferred hardwood floors for its beauty and the ease of cleaning. However, cleaning may be easy but there are people out there that tend to scratch, over-wet, and destroy their wooden floors because of improper cleaning.
What is the proper cleaning and maintenance?
1. Sweep your hardwood floors to remove any debris, dirt, dust, and grit.
2. If you’re going to use a vacuum, check to see if the rollers can scratch your wooden floors.
3. Use a ‘damp’ mop to wipe your floor. Never wet your hardwood floors as it can really damage it.
3. Use carpet runners or doormats on very high traffic areas like the kitchen sink and the entrances.
4. If there are any spilled liquid, wipe it immediately with a damp cloth then dry it with a clean towel.
5. To avoid furniture from scratching your wooden floors, buy a furniture pad and place it under the feet.
6. Polish and buff the floor if the hardwood flooring starts to look dull.
7. Clean the carpet runners regularly.
8. Avoid wearing high heels and heavy shoes on the wooden floors.
9. It is recommended that you ask the manufacturer on how to treat the timber floors and what products do they recommend for it.
10. Use curtains or blinds to protect the wooden floor from direct sunlight. This can discolor the hardwood floors.
11. If you have pets that wander around your house, have their nails trimmed to avoid scratching the surface of your wooden floor.
If a flood occurs inside your house, immediately call a flood restoration company to clean it.
Keen to Clean Group has a 24/7 flood restoration service that you can avail. We believe that we have to act on it quickly to avoid any costly damage.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Brijesh Purohit is the Managing Director for http://www.keentoclean.com.au. Keen to Clean Group offers carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning, commercial cleaning, domestic cleaning, flood restoration, and move - out cleaning.