If you live in Lancaster, here are some carpet cleaning tips that will help you elongate the life of your carpet and make it look clean for a longer time.
1. Vacuum every day As unrealistic as it may sound, it can do wonders for your carpet. I would suggest you start with a clean slate. Ask a professional Lancaster carpet cleaning company to clean your carpet deep and remove all the stains. After that, begin with vacuuming every day.
The process will never let the dirt settle deep into the fibers, and you will have a more health-friendly carpet.
2. Act on stains quickly I suggest that you keep a mini DIY stain removal kit handy at all times. Did you spill the cola on the carpet? Grab a solution of vinegar and water, dab it on the affected area and let a piece of paper towel soak up the stain. There are different homemade solutions that you can make for different types of stains. A quick google search will tell you about it.
What you need to ensure is technique – never rub the stain or even let it sit for a long time. Be quick and gentle.
3. Try to make your carpet less dirty Don’t step on it with dirty shoes. Don’t let the pets get on the carpet with dirty feet. Check what your kids are dropping on the carpet. Keep a doormat at the entrance so that people can leave the dust off on the mat and not bring it inside. You can also encourage leaving shoes just at the entry by keeping a shoe rack and some spare slippers at the door.
Wash the paws of your pets right after they come back from the walk. Don’t let them walk on the carpet with wet feet. Teach your kids not to drop things on the carpet or have a separate mat laid out for them when they’re playing.
4. Always hire a good company You don’t need to go for professional carpet cleaning in Lancaster every month. In fact, most of the homeowners get it done in 1-2 years. But when you do hire somebody, don’t try to cut corners. Hire an excellent Lancaster carpet cleaning service that has good reviews and experience. Check out what machines and carpet cleaning methods they’re using. Do your research well before you hire.
5. Invest in a good carpet Lastly, a good carpet from a good manufacturer will last longer than a random carpet picked from a bargain shop. New carpets come equipped with stain protection and they last longer if you follow the manufacturer’s instructions. They also come at a bit higher price but understand that it’s worth it if you want to maintain a good health-friendly and aesthetically pleasing carpet.
These are my top 5 carpet cleaning tips. Follow them now or regret forever!