Essential Small Bathroom Designs
If you are planning a small home in a limited budget, go through the article on small bathroom designs for relevant details. You will surely have a functional, neat and clean bathroom.
Space in modern houses is quite limited and so as a homemaker, you have no other choice other than arranging for a space for your bathroom within that confined area. Recently, several small bathroom designs have evolved and this has satisfied the homeowners as now they do not have to worry about giving space to their bathroom within a confined set up.
No matter what you do. Rebuild the old bathroom or give shape to a new one, you should definitely follow these significant tips on small bathroom designs.
- Are you planning to have a shower stall in your bathroom? Then you can well utilize shower screens for the enclosure. A clear shower screen is very much different from a framed opaque shower wall. Clear shower screens help in saving a lots of space and provides enough scope for light.
- If your bathroom is small, it is best that you have a small and deep bathtub. This will both serve your purpose as well as avoid occupying too much space.
- In small bathroom designs, you find enough space for storage and thus you can well avoid unfavorable cluttering and heaping of things. For this, the bathroom designs should include scopes for providing space to shelves and several cabinets for storing things.
- Do you want to keep the floor of your bathroom vacant? If so then you can arrange for pedestals or wall-mounted sinks and basins.
- Utilize the space of an alcove for placing the toilet. This is because if there is a wall space above you can make use of that area for fixing open shelves.
- When talking about cabinets, you can have floating and recessed cabinets to make your bathroom look more spacious and bright.
- Most people prefer having sliding doors, which you can aptly use to slide well into wall cabinets. You can also go for a hinged door because such a door gives you the opportunity to install a towel rack for keeping towels and other things of daily use.
- If your bathroom is small, then arrange for the windows somewhere above and close to the ceiling. This keeps the wall empty where you can think of installing storage cabinets for things of daily use.
What small bathroom designs you are to opt for, depends a lot on the area or zone of the house where you choose to have your bathroom. For this, you need to consider certain designs including dimension parameters. At times, it so happens that when you look inside your bathroom you find it quite spacious even if there is not enough space. The credit goes to optical illusion tricks that create a sense or illusion of space.
Have you thought about creating an illusion of space with color? Yes, that is very much possible. If you want the bathroom to look large and reflect the maximum amount of light, then paint your bathroom in softer and lighter tones like neutrals, pastel shades or maybe whites. If you choose to use the wallpaper, then it is best to pick the plain and simple designs.
A design trick should click if you want to create an illusion of height by putting in vertical lines on the upper edges of the walls. It would also create a spacious ambience if you add tiles to the walls. You can simply edge the top lining with the designed border tiles that will add a spark to your small bathroom.
Light and mirrors can go hand in hand for creating an impression of a larger space. Play well with the natural light and add the windows and skylights; it works wonders in creating a spacious ambience. When it comes to electric lighting, just add the sources of the lights beneath the shelves. If you add a mirror strategically, it will add to the dimension of a small space by distributing the light. This will lighten up your small bathroom and will make it appear virtually expansive.
These are the great ways to make the best use of the floor area that is available to you. The bathroom tile plays a significant role in the small bathroom designs. Be it floor tiles or wall tiles; make sure you go for the identically shaped, light colored tiles.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Read our Home Improvement newsletter with new fresh articles every week, Kitchen, Basement, Bathroom improvements and many other subjects at Do It Yourself Tips