Home Builders and the House Size You Want
Home builders construct houses in a wide range of sizes for their customers. Here are some things to think about. Read on to learn more about this topic.
- Large and lush custom abodes: Many custom homes are massive in terms of square footage. These places may be 3, 4, or 5 thousand square feet and even larger. They often have master suites, luxurious spa-like bathrooms, cooking facilities within the kitchens that any chef would be thrilled to slice and dice in plus guest quarters, too. Custom cabinetry, nooks, built-in appliances and fixtures are usually included. The dwellings are constructed with high quality materials such as granite, hardwood, marble and contain artisan touches to add personality. These homes could be considered top-of-the-line in terms of size and upscale touches and are often found in lovely settings near waterfronts, golf courses and scenic landscapes.
- McMansions: McMansions came along over the last few decades in response to America’s taste for space and material goods. Beginning in the 1980’s, these structures began to appear and were loved by some as an impressive place to hang a big screen TV and criticized by others as lacking architectural finesse. While some of these structures were as large as the lush custom abodes, they lacked the personality and tasteful design of the more finely crafted houses. Because they followed such a cookie cutter format, they had a fast-food flavor and were dubbed McMansions, and home builders were usually happy to build these.
- Median family home: A medium sized home in America is approximately 1,200 to 1,800 square feet. These dwellings typically contain three or four bedrooms and one, one and a half or two bathrooms. Some are custom built and many are part of a planned neighborhood, also referred to as tract housing. The name came from the fact that a tract of land was purchased and divided up into equal sized lots along planned streets in order to create a neighborhood in suburbia.
- Bungalows: Many of our grandparents and great-grandparents lived in modest two bedroom bungalows. One bathroom was shared by the entire family. For a few decades, Americans were aghast that so many family members would share such a small space but tinier spaces have begun to catch on again.
- Pocket sized homes: Many individuals are now seeking tiny homes to hang their hats. These little dwellings have been called pocket homes by some. The philosophy behind them is that they are a green alternative because they take less energy to heat and cool, fewer resources to construct and maintain. These houses can be as tiny as 200 to 500 square feet. Because they’re so small, well organized layouts and functional design are high priorities.
No matter what house size is desired, having it constructed by topnotch home builders is crucial. It’s not the square footage, but the skill, experience and expertise of a designer and contractor that matters.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Huntsville Alabama home builders will make sure that a beautiful home is built to your specifications. To learn more about this, you need to visit: http://www.markharrishomes.com/.