One of the best flooring options for a house with kids and pets is hardwood. However, which type is best suited for your house will vary depending on a lot of factors. This article talks about all those factors and why hardwood floors are always a good choice.
A house that has both children and pet can get messy at times. Children have the tendency to spill things and pets often nibble at carpets and other things. When you have a fully tiled floor or the one that has only been cemented, it could lead to a problem for both your children and pets.
Flooring is essential for any house. While some people go for the conventional styles, others often tend to experiment with it. But, if you have children, you have got to go for the right type of flooring. The safest type of flooring that you can get to ensure the safety of your children is the wooden flooring.
Why is Engineer Wood Floors? One of the top reasons to go for engineered wood flooring is that it is safe. It gives an earthly appearance to your house. This type of flooring is a great option if your child has the tendency to roam around barefoot in the house.
Getting hardwood flooring done from a competent and good company will give your house the makeover it needs. Also, professionally engineered hardwood floors are innovatively crafted to make them resilient to climatic changes, chipping and scratches as well.
Types of Hardwood Floors for Pets and Children There are different types of wooden flooring sizes available in the market but before you get to that, you need to know which type of flooring will be best for your house.
1. Pre-finished These are preferred for houses with children and pets because they usually come with a layer of aluminum oxide which makes the flooring more durable and harder. You get the right finish with these types of hardwood floors.
2. Hand Scraped If your child is great at accidental damages, then these are the type of floors that you should get for your house. Hand scraped floors have a natural look and even when your child scrapes the floor, it won’t show up. This type of floor is great for hiding dents and other aberrations.
3. Matte Finish In order to hide the dents and scratches to your floor, you should consider a matte finish to your flooring rather than the conventional and highly common glossy finish. Glossy finish floors reveal all the abnormalities spoiling the overall look and feel of the house.
4. Light Colours Light colored hardwood flooring is good for all the spills that might happen in your house.
5. Janka Hardness More score on the Janka hardness test, better it is for a house with children and pets. Maple has a good Janka hardness score.
So, if you are always worried about your children making a mess on the floor and always worried about how to clean it, install hardwood floors that will hide everything. Always go for a company that has years of experience in manufacturing these type of floors. There are many reliable wooden flooring manufacturers that offer a wide range of options to homeowners. Keeping in mind your specific needs and requirements, you can easily choose the right type of engineered wood flooring for your home.
The author of this article is an interior decorator who specializes in designing unconventional flooring styles and textures. He regularly writes blogs and articles for several online publications. For more information visit: http://mikasafloors.com/