How To Maintain Your Septic Tank System?
Sewer tank cleaning requires a professional company that has know-how and equipment to clean up and fix the problem. In this article we tell you about some basic septic tank maintenance tips.
Septic tanks tend to clog and overflow if they are not maintained regularly. This can be a cause for foul odor as well as dangerous gases coming out of the system. Hence it is recommended that you call a septic service provider for the same.
Here are some basic guidelines to help you maintain your septic tank system.
• You must ensure that the septic system area should be kept away and free from water logging. You must also take care to see that water does not collect at this spot during rainfall.
• It is recommended that the foundation drains and roof gutters are planned well during the landscaping to avoid water logging. Alternatively, you can ensure they are always cleaned to avoid excess water collection.
• Always check the toilets and the faucets in your home for any leaks or water drainage.
• It is a good thing not to construct a septic tank and its drain field in an area that has trees in the vicinity as the roots of the trees can cause damage to the septic tanks.
• Use cleaners that are not heavy duty as this may cause clogging of your septic tank.
• Do not throw garbage or other chemicals including oils, paints, grease or varnish into your septic tank system. Apart from difficult septic tank cleaning situations, it can also cause fire.
• Take care to see that solid garbage is not disposed off through the septic system. Also, solid garbage must not be thrown into the septic tank as well.
• Finally, never commit the mistake of opening a septic tank system. Call septic tank cleaning professionals who are better equipped with masks and gloves. The septic tank gases can be hazardous and cause severe breathing and other health problems.
• You can find good septic service providers in your city and you can get their staff to inspect your septic tank and sewer system regularly.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Humbert Sanitary Service offers a complete line of services for all aspects of grease trap cleaning and septic tank cleaning and repairs.