A variety of health problems and additional issues can be caused by mold growth in your home. It is critical that you can recognize them. This article discusses problems that arise from mold growing in a house.
One of the most common problems brought on by mold includes experiencing sudden nose congestion whenever you walk into a particular room.
Health issues caused by mold growth involve shortness of breath, wheezing, or coughing. In certain cases, you may experience asthma-like symptoms even if you do not suffer from that condition.
Some people experience fevers, headaches, or a skin rash whenever they are exposed to mold.
Mold usually grows on rotten food. You should avoid any vegetables, cheese or bread that has been sitting out and-or developed mold. Eating mold may lead to nausea or headaches.
Most types of molds are non-toxic and do not lead to major or long-term health problems. However, if you happen to suffer from chronic sinus problems or asthma, mold can be an issue for you. This is because it can aggravate your sinuses and even result in an asthma attack.
Children who have been exposed to mold have been known to develop health issues such as problems with their breathing.
Health problems that are the result of mold exposure can sometimes be very painful. It is therefore recommended that you do your best to keep you house as mold-free as you possibly can.
The most common type of household mold is black, and it often grows around the kitchen and shower. If or when you see this sort of mold, it is important that you clean it up immediately. Some soap and water can do the trick, but adding detergent never hurts.
In case you suffer from health problems brought on by mold, your best option would be to seek professional assistance. Learn how to spot mold growth. This is because, depending on the situation, there may be a significant buildup of mold in the crawlspaces, inside your walls, under the carpets, and in other areas that may be too hard for you to reach. Hiring professionals will provide you eliminate any mold that is present.