The Biggest and Best New Trends for In Home Lighting
This article goes over the trendiest new lighting for the new year. If you are looking to redesign you interior lighting, this article is a great starting point.
A few well selected and properly placed lighting fixtures can completely change the look and feel of your home. The trends for 2010 are not only functional, but timeless. By incorporating some of the most popular lighting trends from 2011 you can give your home a new and modern feel.
Here is a list of the most popular trends in lighting fixtures for 2011:
- Chandelets: Chandelets are small chandeliers that are beaded. They are not meant to be the focal point of any lighting system but the hanging glass beads can completely accent a room and play with the vertical space while not taking up to much of it. A few chandelets strategically placed can completely change the feeling of a room and add new stylistic elements that you never thought possible before.
- Deep Metal Colors: Deep metal tones and brushed metal surfaces with a rough look give off a lot of classic appeal that is trendy and still has a hint of being modern. As long as your lights still have an elegance to them to complement their rustic look, they will go perfectly in any room in your house and will look very, very trendy
- 2011 will be a year for stark and dramatic lightening to take center stage. Expect to see a lot of playful juxtapositions between bright and dim lighting and for certain elements of the home to be brought to attention through the use of spotlighting.
- Track Lights: Track lights have never become unpopular, but expect to see a surge in popularity during 2011. Hidden track lights are the next big thing for 2011 lighting trends. By hiding the track, the lighting fixture itself looks to be independent. Hidden track lights will also be seeing a rise in popularity in the new year. Within track light trends themselves, dimmed and shaded lighting are going to be the most popular styles of 2011.
- Sconces: Because of limited space in living quarters, wall lighting has become extremely popular as of late and 2011 will be no exception. You can really play with space, color and the actual lighting effects when it comes to sconces. When people install sconces they are going for one of two looks, extremely vintage and retro – or extremely modern and futuristic. Trying to find a middle road for your lighting will be a fatal misstep this year. If you are going to update your lighting to go with the trends of 2011 you are going to have to commit and go big. Subtlety is no longer considered trendy or cool in the lighting world. You want your wall sconces to be dramatic and still decorative, which is easily done
These trends will help guide you to make some modern and elegant lighting decisions in 2011 and bring your style into the new year.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Send me an email if you have any questions. Browse our selection of Kovacs Lighting, along with our huge collection of Thomasville Lighting, and our inventory of Schnobek Lighting.