Window Treatments for Sliding Glass Doors
Ensuring that your sliding glass door works smoothly for many years will only come as a result of your diligence in maintaining them on a regular basis.
When it comes to design it’s usually the women who have the last say and to be honest they do make the best landscape and interior home designer’s period. Creating a home is kind of what women do and they love doing it so we’ve compiled a few great ideas that can be implemented with your sliding glass door treatments based on your personal individual taste.
Just before we jump into that its very important also to mention that if you’re planning to live here for the next 10-15 years then it’s probably best to keep the actual condition of the door under regular maintenance. This prevents the door from accumulating too much dirt making it hard to open and close and also ensures that the door can securely lock like it’s supposed to.
Here are some very creative window treatments for sliding glass doors that could come in quite handy:
• Horizontal Double Blinds – Ideal way for raising the access door shade whilst the secondary shade is lowered.
• Vertical Blinds – Very popular and perfectly suited for lounges and patio sliding doors. Available in many different colors and textures makes this one a winner.
• Bamboo Shades – IF you’re looking for something with an island flavor then this option for sliding glass door treatments is best. These provide a very natural tone to any room and should be used tastefully but carefully.
• Shoji Screens – We’ve all seen those martial arts films with samurai’s and ninja’s fighting in between their Shoji screens. These are responsible for creative an extremely dramatic effect by giving you privacy together with a hint of soft light that can be seen through it.
• Vertical Cellular Shades – These appeal more to people with a taste for traditional horizontal cellular shades but they really do look impressive when pulled to the side as they are designed.
• Drapes and Curtains – Timeless and classic always. Perfect for blocking maximum sunlight and stunning if used in small amounts. Nothing could kill the overall feel of a room than an over abundance of drapes and curtains.
• Standard Horizontal Blinds – These sliding glass door window treatments are very popular in studies and offices due to their ability to be rolled up completely revealing an open and undisturbed view of outside. Great if you have sea or open field views.
Never underestimate the impression a well thought out design will have on your home. Besides the above points there are more options available to you should you only perform a quick online search. Well planned sliding glass door window treatments have the ability to make a shoddy apartment look like a king’s palace.
Source: Free Articles from ArticlesFactory.com
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
His dad was a shipping magnate and because of that, Marc and his family had to travel with him constantly.He gained a lot of knowledge through that. With his dad's influence he went into importing and exporting and this kept him on the road. He is settled in one place now and find it most fulfilling in writing articles. View more articles at www.slidingglassdoorguide.com.